New York Red Bulls Defender Aaron Long Named to USMNT Roster for January Camp
HARRISON, N.J. - New York Red Bulls defender Aaron Long has been called to a 12-man training camp by U.S. Men's National Team head coach Gregg Berhalter at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida
The senior team group, consisting of players aged 24 and older, will train alongside the U-23 USMNT through January 24, at which point several U-23 players will be elevated to the full USMNT roster in advance of a planned match at the end of the month.
Long returns to international duty after captaining the USMNT to a 6-0 victory over El Salvador in an international friendly on December 10, 2020 at Inter Miami CF Stadium. It was Long's fourth match wearing the captain's armband, all of which the USMNT have been victorious and with clean sheets.
Long, 28, has made 18 starts since his first call-up for country on October 17, 2018. He has helped anchor the USMNT to nine clean sheets and a 11-5-2 record when he starts on the backline. Overall, the Oak Hills, California, native has logged 1,432 minutes played with three goals and one assist.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 5, 2021
- Austin FC Goalkeeper Brady Scott Called up to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team Camp - Austin FC
- Bob Bradley to Receive Walt Chyzowych Fund's Lifetime Achievement Award - Los Angeles FC
- Four Lions Named to USMNT and U-23 USMNT Rosters - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Esports Athlete Paulo Neto for 2021 - Atlanta United FC
- LA Galaxy Name Greg Vanney Head Coach - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Pair Receives Call for U.S. U-23 National Team Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Duty - Nashville SC
- Kellyn Acosta, Jonathan Lewis, Sam Vines Named to USMNT, U-23 MNT January Camp - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team - Chicago Fire
- New York Red Bulls Defender Aaron Long Named to USMNT Roster for January Camp - New York Red Bulls
- Three Earthquakes Players Called to U.S. U-23 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Jeremy Ebobisse, Eryk Williamson Called up by U-23 U.S. Men's National Team for Combined Preparation Camp - Portland Timbers
- George Bello, Miles Robinson Called into Final U-23 USMNT Camp Ahead of Olympic Qualifying - Atlanta United FC
- MNUFC Midfielder Hassani Dotson Called up to U23 Team Ahead of Olympic Qualifying - Minnesota United FC
- Paul Arriola Selected for the First USMNT Camp of 2021 - D.C. United
- Matt Turner and Henry Kessler Called in to United States Men's National Team's January Camp - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC's Aboubacar Keita Receives International Call-Up - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Trio Called into U.S. U-23 Men's National Team Camp - FC Dallas
- Djordje Mihailovic Called up by United States U23 National Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- 2021 Soccer Almanac: Key Dates and Major Tournaments in Busy Year Ahead - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United Sign Midfielder Wil Trapp - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Names Pablo Mastroeni Assistant Coach - Real Salt Lake
- Austin FC Acquires 25-Year-Old Free Agent Midfielder Diego Fagundez - Austin FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Add Carlos Coronel on Loan from Red Bull Salzburg
- Statement from General Manager Marc De Grandpre
- New York Red Bulls Launch 1Beat Kit
- New York Red Bulls Sign Academy Product Bento Estrela
- New York Red Bulls Add Brazilian Forward Fabio Roberto Gomes Netto on Loan from Oeste FC