Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - With 10 points separating six teams in the CHL's Berry Conference, the Odessa Jackalopes prepare for their final 16 games of the season with 12 of them coming on home ice to close out the season. The Jacks begin things with a weekend set hosting the Arizona Sundogs.
Last week's record: 0-2-0
Overall record: 20-24-6
Tuesday at Arizona, 5-4 Loss
Neither team led by more than a goal in a see-saw battle on Tuesday. Patrick Shafer eventually scored the game-winner for Arizona with 1:53 remaining in the game. Alex Dunn finished with a goal and an assist for the Jacks.
Friday at Texas, 5-1 Loss
The pivotal moment in the game came late in the second period when Odessa's Mike Lesperance rang a shot off the post that set up a Texas Brahmas goal by Chad Woollard just seconds later at the opposite end of the ice to make it 3-0. Mike Ramsay scored the Jacks only goal in the contest.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Friday vs. Arizona, 7:05 PM
Saturday vs. Arizona, 7:05 PM
This weekend will be the third-annual "Legends Weekend" celebration as former Jackalopes players return for a weekend pair against the Arizona Sundogs. Odessa is 2-2-1 this season against the Sundogs and three of the five meetings between the clubs have been decided by just a goal.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
The Jacks are in their worst slump of the season going 1-8-1 in their last 10 games.eight of the last 12 games for the Jacks have been one-goal decisions with Odessa going 2-5-1 in those tight contests.This season the Odessa Jackalopes are 7-18-4 without Dave Van Drunen in the lineup. Van Drunen has been out with an injury since January 19th.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2011
- PrairieThunder Defeats Quad City 3-2 on Monday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bloomington Powers Past Mallards 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Brahmas Stay Hot in Sixth Straight Win - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Brahmas Power Past Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Shots from the Point for February 21, 2011 - CHL
- RiverKings' Hearts Beat for Good Heart Health - Mississippi RiverKings
- Join the Mudbugs for Pink in the Rink Weekend - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Hogeboom Snags 'Player of the Week' Honors - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Texas' Greg Hogeboom Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Gems Release Schwartzbauer, Sign Jake Pence - Dayton Gems
- Komets Cap Three-Game Weekend Sweep - Fort Wayne Komets
- Bucks Host Amerks Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Dayton Gems: Weekend Review - Dayton Gems
- Key Road Series For Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs Notes: Week of February 21, 2011 - Arizona Sundogs
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.