Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes approach the turn of the new year with four games this week - all against the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees. Both teams will host a pair of games during the four-game set.
Last week's record: 0-1-0
Overall record: 12-14-2
Sunday vs. Texas, 6-3 Loss
The Jackalopes started strong scoring just 31 seconds into the contest and holding a 2-0 lead after the opening period. Period two was a different story however, as Texas scored five unanswered goals and added another in the third period for a 6-3 win. Todd Robinson scored both of Odessa's goals to give him 296 in his pro career.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Tuesday at Rio Grande Valley, 7:00 PM CST
Wednesday at Rio Grande Valley, 7:00 PM CST
Friday vs. Rio Grande Valley, 7:05 PM CST
Saturday vs. Rio Grande Valley, 7:05 PM CST
The Jackalopes won their last meeting against the Killer Bees, but trail in the season series with a 1-1-1 record. Todd Robinson leads all skaters with eight points (four goals, four assists) in the series. Sean Muncy has five points (one goal, four assists) for the Bees. Tomas Klempa has jumped into the league's scoring race with 35 points on the year, placing him eighth overall. Sebastien Thinel and Todd Robinson for Odessa each lead the CHL with 45 overall points.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Tuesday's game for Odessa begins a stretch where nine of the next 11 games will be on the road for the Jacks.Todd Robinson's two-goal game on Sunday vs. Texas was his 13th multi-goal game of the season.Jeff Pierce has 17 points in the last 15 games for the Jacks - 10 goals, seven assists.The Brahmas' five goals in the second period of Sunday's game were the most goals given up by Odessa in one period this season.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 27, 2010
- Mavericks Shutout Thunder, Move into First Place - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brown, Mallards Silence PrairieThunder 4-0 - Quad City Mallards
- PrairieThunder Shutout 4-0 by Quad City on Monday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Gems Give up Three Goals in the Third Period, Defeated 4-2 by Fort Wayne - Dayton Gems
- Shots from the Point for December 27, 2010 - CHL
- Nolan, Mavericks Beat Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Muncy and Lewicki Called to Houston - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Colorado's Kevin Ulanski Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Welcome Back Kaufmann, Sign Slais; McLean, Russo, Shelast - Quad City Mallards
- Brahmas Host Holiday Hockey this Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oilers Lang Syne - Tulsa Oilers
- Dayton Gems Weekly Preview - Dayton Gems
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Dayton Gems Weekly Review - Dayton Gems
- Rutherford to Start in CHL All-Star Game - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Komets Home for Three Holiday Games in Five Nights - Fort Wayne Komets
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Icemen Pick-Up Pace - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.