Iowa Falls Short in Austin
Cedar Park, Texas - The Iowa Wolves (9-20) lost their fourth straight contest Saturday evening, falling on the road to the Austin Spurs (14-15) 106-86.
With the loss, the Wolves drop to 4-9 on the road and 2-8 in the team's past 10 games.
Marquise Moore came off the bench to tie a team-high with 16 points on 8-of-11 shooting from the field for Iowa. The point total marked a season-high for the second-year guard, who also tallied five assists and four rebounds in the loss.
Two-way guard Jared Terrell posted 16 points in 31 minutes of action.
The Wolves managed to shoot 40.2% from the field as a team but struggled from deep for the second consecutive evening, converting just 5-of-23 (21.7%) attempts.
Canyon Barry added 14 points while continuing to provide consistent play for Iowa. He has now scored 10 or more points in eight of his last 10 games.
San Antonio Spurs assignee Lonnie Walker IV finished with a game-high 21 points on 9-of-15 shooting. Austin was red hot from the field, shooting 52.4% as a team.
Iowa continues its six-game road trip Monday afternoon against the Texas Legends at 3:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 19, 2019
- Tonight's Game Between the Erie BayHawks and Long Island Nets Suspended - Erie BayHawks
- Tonight's Game Between the Erie BayHawks and Long Island Nets Suspended - G League
- Iowa Falls Short in Austin - Iowa Wolves
- Capital City Stunned by Wisconsin in Final Minutes - Capital City Go-Go
- Allen Dishes Career-High to Help Sever Skid, 105-96 - Westchester Knicks
- Charge Broil Red Claws - Canton Charge
- Magic Capitalize on Slow Start from Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Lose Lead Late to Charge - Maine Red Claws
- 905 Sting Swarm - Raptors 905
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Tonight's Windy City Bulls Game Postponed - Windy City Bulls
- Tonight's Skyforce Game Postponed - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Drive Top Ants Behind 27 from Lucas - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors Defeat Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Salt Lake City Stars 106-97, Extend Win Streak to Five Games - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Solomon's Dunk Sends Oklahoma City over Iowa - Oklahoma City Blue
- McRae Erupts for 54 in Capital City's Win over Maine - Capital City Go-Go
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.