Solomon's Dunk Sends Oklahoma City over Iowa
OKLAHOMA CITY - With 0.3 seconds left in the game, Richard Solomon threw down a dunk to send the Oklahoma City Blue (21-8) over the Iowa Wolves (9-19), 110-108, on Friday night.
Solomon scored 10 points in the fourth quarter and finished with a team-high 21 points and 10 rebounds for his team-leading 11th double-double of the season.
"It was nice to get back on track tonight," Head Coach Mark Daigneault said. "I thought we did a lot of good things and I thought our guys showed great resilience and connectedness to win tonight's game."
After trailing by as many as 16 points in the first quarter, Oklahoma City outscored Iowa by 18 points over a seven-minute period to take its first lead at 36-34 after a layup from Solomon. The Blue led by as many as six points in the second quarter, but a buzzer-beating three-pointer from Iowa's Darius Johnson-Odom capped a 9-2 run for the Wolves and OKC trailed 57-56 at halftime.
Johnson-Odom led the Wolves with 34 points off the bench.
The Blue had five players in double figures. Abdul Gaddy scored 20 points on 8-of-13 shooting and added a game-high 10 assists for his ninth double-double of the year. Two-way player Deonte Burton added 13 points and nine rebounds off the bench.
Oklahoma City outscored Iowa in the paint, 62-46, and dished 27 assists to the Wolves' 15.
Oklahoma City's homestand continues against the Santa Cruz Warriors on Sunday, Jan. 20 at 2 p.m. inside Cox Convention Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 19, 2019
- Tonight's Game Between the Erie BayHawks and Long Island Nets Suspended - Erie BayHawks
- Tonight's Game Between the Erie BayHawks and Long Island Nets Suspended - G League
- Iowa Falls Short in Austin - Iowa Wolves
- Capital City Stunned by Wisconsin in Final Minutes - Capital City Go-Go
- Allen Dishes Career-High to Help Sever Skid, 105-96 - Westchester Knicks
- Charge Broil Red Claws - Canton Charge
- Magic Capitalize on Slow Start from Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Lose Lead Late to Charge - Maine Red Claws
- 905 Sting Swarm - Raptors 905
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Tonight's Windy City Bulls Game Postponed - Windy City Bulls
- Tonight's Skyforce Game Postponed - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Drive Top Ants Behind 27 from Lucas - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors Defeat Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Salt Lake City Stars 106-97, Extend Win Streak to Five Games - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Solomon's Dunk Sends Oklahoma City over Iowa - Oklahoma City Blue
- McRae Erupts for 54 in Capital City's Win over Maine - Capital City Go-Go
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Blue Stories
- Oklahoma City Announces Coaching Staff Updates
- Oklahoma City Acquires Returning Player Rights to Beau Beech and First-Round Draft Pick
- Thunder Signs Devon Hall to Two-Way Contract
- Oklahoma City Blue Announces 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Oklahoma City Wins Overtime Nail-Biter