Indy Acquires Jared Thomas from Florida
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs announced Tuesday that they have acquired forward Jared Thomas from the Florida Everblades in a three-team trade that sent Alex Brooks to the Tulsa Oilers.
Brooks, 29, spent the past two seasons with the Fuel, playing in 108 games and earning eight goals and 29 assists. A native of Walker, Michigan, Brooks tallied a career-high six goals and 22 assists in the 2018-19 season, earning a spot in the 2018-19 ECHL All-Star game. The 6-foot, 181-pound defenseman skated in 43 games last season registering two goals and seven assists.
Thomas, 26, signed with Florida after playing the 2019-20 season with the Tulsa Oilers. Appearing in 50 games for the Oilers, the 6-foot-2, 201-pound forward earned seven goals and 24 assists. In his first professional season, Thomas split time between the AHL and ECHL, playing seven games for the San Antonio Rampage and San Diego Gulls. Skating in 51 games with the Oilers during the 2018-19 season, Thomas was second on the team in points with 21 goals, 44 assists and a plus-17 rating.
Prior to turning pro, Thomas played four years at the University of Minnesota-Duluth where he appeared in 163 NCAA games, earning 21 goals, 39 assists and a plus-11 rating. During his senior season, Thomas tallied 11 goals and 15 assists, helping the team to an NCAA National Championship.
Full season and half-season ticket plans are now on sale for the Fuel's 7th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2020-21 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 27, 2020
- Americans Add Top-Two Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit - Allen Americans
- Solar Bears Ink Alex Gilmour - Orlando Solar Bears
- Thunder Unveils New Uniforms for 2020-21 Season - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Acquire Alex Brooks in Three-Team Trade - Tulsa Oilers
- Indy Acquires Jared Thomas from Florida - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Ink AHL Veteran Forward Brodie Reid - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers Sign Drydn Dow - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen Acquire Forward Ara Nazarian from Adirondack - Jacksonville IceMen
- Growlers Announce Growlers Academy - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Acquire Rights to Forward Chase Lang from IceMen - Adirondack Thunder
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.