In Rare Off Night, Chihuahuas Downed Early
The Fresno Grizzlies scored eight runs by the end of the third inning in their 9-4 win over the El Paso Chihuahuas Tuesday night. It was only the second loss for the Chihuahuas in their last 14 games.
Francisco Mejia drove in two runs Tuesday, going 1-for-3 with a solo home run and a sacrifice fly. Ty France was hit by two pitches and has reached base multiple times in three consecutive games. Auston Bousfield hit a high solo home run over the left field fence in the fifth inning, his second Triple-A homer of the season.
T.J. Weir and Brad Wieck both pitched scoreless relief outings in the loss for El Paso. Cal Quantrill became the first El Paso starting pitcher to receive a loss since Jordan Lyles on July 24, a span of 31 games. Fresno's Kyle Tucker hit a two-run home run in the bottom of the second inning, his seventh homer in six games since being optioned by the Astros.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-grizzlies/2018/08/28/542711#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=542711
Team Records: El Paso (79-54), Fresno (78-55)
Next Game: Wednesday, 8:05 pm at Chukchansi Park. El Paso RHP Colin Rea (2-2, 5.66) vs. Fresno RHP Brock Dykxhoorn (5-2, 4.36). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
Fresno 9 El Paso 4 - Tuesday
WP: Ferrell (1-1)
LP: Quantrill (2-1)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 29, 2018
- Redbirds Hit Three Home Runs in 8-4 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Baby Cakes' Peters Ties Club Single-Game Strikeout Mark - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- I-Cubs Sweep Dodgers - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Blanked by Baby Cakes - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (70-64) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (66-67) - Nashville Sounds
- Reckless Kelly's Celebrity Softball Jam 10 - The Final Out - Round Rock Express
- Aces Release Complete 2019 Schedule - Reno Aces
- St. Louis Cardinals to Play in Memphis on March 25, 2019 - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 29, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (80-54) at Round Rock Express (62-72) - Memphis Redbirds
- Josh Fuentes Named PCL Rookie of the Year - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Isotopes' Fuentes Honored as Top Rookie - PCL
- In Rare Off Night, Chihuahuas Downed Early - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Garrett Stubbs tallies four RBI in a 9-4 Tacos win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Way, Bees Win 10-6 against Aces in Series Opener - Salt Lake Bees
- Blanco and River Cats walk off against Isotopes - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Walk off over Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.