Houston Rockets Assign Brandon Knight, Vipers Add Fisher-Davis
EDINBURG, Texas - The Houston Rockets announced today that they have assigned guard Brandon Knight to their NBA G League Affiliate team, Rio Grande Valley Vipers. In addition, the Vipers have acquired shooting guard Matthew Fisher-Davis to fill the roster spot of Danuel House Jr., who was recently called up by the Houston Rockets.
Fisher-Davis (6-5, 173) made his debut on Thursday, November 29 with the Vipers against Oklahoma City. He tallied two assists in 10 minutes of play.
Fisher-Davis was eligible for the 2018 NBA Draft following his senior season at Vanderbilt. For his career, he averaged 2.3 3-pointers made on 39.3% shooting. Over his final two seasons with the Commodores, Fisher-Davis averaged 13.0 points, 3.7 rebounds, and 1.1 assists.
Knight (6-3, 195) was originally the eighth overall pick by Detroit in the 2011 NBA Draft. In six seasons played, he has averaged 15.2 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.3 assists. Knight also hit at least 100 3-pointers in five of those six seasons.
Over a three-season span from 2013-14 through 2015-16, Knight was one of 11 players to have averaged at least 18.0 points, 5.0 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.00 steals. James Harden and Chris Paul were two of the other players on that list.
The Vipers return to action at home on Friday, November 30 against Salt Lake City with tipoff at 7 p.m. For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-56-ARENA or visit www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 30, 2018
- Skyforce Bounce Back at Home against Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs Fall to Agua Caliente Clippers 125-122 - Austin Spurs
- Jawun Evans Has Fourth Straight Huge Game in Suns' Loss - Northern Arizona Suns
- Vipers Fall to Salt Lake City Stars - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Greensboro Swarm Narrowly Fall to Long Island Nets - Greensboro Swarm
- Magic Win Second Straight over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester Visits Greensboro Saturday - Westchester Knicks
- Houston Rockets Assign Brandon Knight, Vipers Add Fisher-Davis - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Face First Back-To-Back of the Season - Memphis Hustle
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Jarvis Varnado off Waivers - Memphis Hustle
- Blue Storms Back to Hand Vipers First Home Loss - Oklahoma City Blue
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Reacquire Gary Payton II and Waive Kentrell Barkley
- Rockets Sign Danuel House Jr. to Two-Way Contract
- Vipers Heat up against the Clippers of Ontario
- Houston Rockets Assign Isaiah Hartenstein to Vipers
- Vipers Fall to Salt Lake City Stars