Hot Rods, Lugnuts Agree to Trade Broadcasters on Sunday
Bowling Green, Ky. - In a unique trade that just got in under the wire, the Bowling Green Hot Rods (Class-A, Tampa Bay Rays) and the Lansing Lugnuts (Class-A, Toronto Blue Jays) have agreed to swap radio broadcasters for one inning of Sunday's series finale between the teams at Bowling Green Ballpark set for a 2:05 p.m. CDT first pitch.
Hot Rods' radio broadcaster Danny Reed and Lugnuts' radio voice Jesse Goldberg-Strassler will call the first five innings for their own squads but will take on the other's headset, booth - and affiliation - for the sixth inning.
"This is an awesome idea that Danny and Jesse came up with, and I can't wait to see how it turns out," said Bowling Green general manager/COO Adam Nuse. "Our fans have enjoyed Danny's call all season long, but having met and talked with Jesse several times, I'm confident our broadcast will be in good hands."
Reed, in his first year as the Hot Rods' radio broadcaster, shared his eagerness for not only the lengthy travel involved with going from one booth to the other, but also to speak to another passionate fan base.
"I have thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to broadcast for such a diligent organization with strong-willed fans that the Bowling Green Hot Rods possess," Reed said. "It will be an honor to trade spots with someone as talented as Jesse, but make no mistake, I also can't wait to get back to that home booth for the seventh inning!"
Bowling Green and Lansing continue their three-game set at 6:05 p.m. CDT on a Signature Saturday night - presented by Against the Grain - for Faith and Family Night at BG Ballpark presented by Christian Family Radio. Tickets may be purchased by calling (270) 901-2121 or by visiting www.bghotrods.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 1, 2015
- Beloit Falls to Peoria, 7-5 - Beloit Snappers
- Clinton's Turn to August Starts with a Loss to the Bees - Clinton LumberKings
- Bees Rally Late for 5-4 Win over LumberKings - Burlington Bees
- Three Bandits Combine to Shut out Wisconsin - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps Walk off Again, Stay in First - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Gibbons Shuts out Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Mercado Homers Chiefs to Win in Ninth - Peoria Chiefs
- Gibbons Guides Kernels to 7-0 Shutout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Lose After Controversial Call in 9th - Dayton Dragons
- Bradley's Blasts Boost Lake County - Great Lakes Loons
- Fort Wayne Buries Whitecaps in Ninth - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Robson Returns as Lugnuts Dodge Hot Rods - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bowling Green Squanders Chances in 3-1 Loss to Lansing - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Captains Blast Their Way Past Loons - Lake County Captains
- Stinnett Stars in South Bend's 5-4 Win - South Bend Cubs
- Quad Cities shuts out Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 1 vs. West Michigan (Game 104) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts All-Star Dawson Promoted to Dunedin - Lansing Lugnuts
- Lugs, Hot Rods to Trade Broadcasters Sunday - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods, Lugnuts Agree to Trade Broadcasters on Sunday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Record Modern Woodmen Park Crowd Boosts Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bowling Green Hot Rods Stories
- Hot Rods Praise Congressional Effort to Save Minor League Baseball
- Hot Rods and Legends Announce 2020 Exhibition in Lexington, KY
- Hot Rods Announce Second-Annual Charity Dinner and Silent Auction
- Hot Rods to Join Copa de la Diversion as Bolidos
- Hot Rods Will Host 2020 Midwest League All-Star Game at Bowling Green Ballpark