Lugnuts All-Star Dawson Promoted to Dunedin
LANSING, Mich. - In conjunction with the Toronto Blue Jays, Lansing Lugnuts All-Star left-hander Shane Dawson has been promoted to Class A-Advanced Dunedin, with right-hander Justin Shafer activated from the 7-day Disabled List in a corresponding move.
The 21-year-old Dawson was 12-4 with a 3.04 ERA in 18 appearances (16 starts) for the Lugnuts, leading the league in wins and leading the team with 96 strikeouts. This will be his first experience at the A-Advanced level. A native of Drayton Valley, Alberta, Dawson was a valued member of the gold medal-winning Canadian baseball team at the Pan-Am Games, making effective appearances against both Team Nicaragua and Team USA.
The Lugnuts' official roster is attached, comprising 25 active players with two players on the Disabled List.
Lansing plays the second game of its three-game series at Bowling Green tonight at 7:05 p.m. Eastern, starting Tom Robson in his 2015 Midwest League debut. The next Lugnuts home game is a Dollar Deal Day on Tuesday, August 4th, opening a six-game homestand at Cooley Law School Stadium. For more information, go to lansinglugnuts.com or call 517-485-4500.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 1, 2015
- Beloit Falls to Peoria, 7-5 - Beloit Snappers
- Clinton's Turn to August Starts with a Loss to the Bees - Clinton LumberKings
- Bees Rally Late for 5-4 Win over LumberKings - Burlington Bees
- Three Bandits Combine to Shut out Wisconsin - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps Walk off Again, Stay in First - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Gibbons Shuts out Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Mercado Homers Chiefs to Win in Ninth - Peoria Chiefs
- Gibbons Guides Kernels to 7-0 Shutout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Lose After Controversial Call in 9th - Dayton Dragons
- Bradley's Blasts Boost Lake County - Great Lakes Loons
- Fort Wayne Buries Whitecaps in Ninth - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Robson Returns as Lugnuts Dodge Hot Rods - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bowling Green Squanders Chances in 3-1 Loss to Lansing - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Captains Blast Their Way Past Loons - Lake County Captains
- Stinnett Stars in South Bend's 5-4 Win - South Bend Cubs
- Quad Cities shuts out Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 1 vs. West Michigan (Game 104) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts All-Star Dawson Promoted to Dunedin - Lansing Lugnuts
- Lugs, Hot Rods to Trade Broadcasters Sunday - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods, Lugnuts Agree to Trade Broadcasters on Sunday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Record Modern Woodmen Park Crowd Boosts Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.