Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from Greensboro Swarm
Charlotte Hornets General Manager Mitch Kupchak announced today that the team has recalled forward Dwayne Bacon from the Greensboro Swarm, the team's NBA G League affiliate.
The recall from the Greensboro Swarm concludes the fifth G League assignment of the season for Dwayne Bacon. In his most recent appearance, the second-year forward tallied 26 points and grabbed six rebounds in 35 minutes of play against the Windy City Bulls on Jan. 1, 2019. He has appeared in six games for the Swarm, averaging 21.2 points, 7.8 rebounds and 3.2 assists in 33.5 minutes per game.
Dwayne Bacon returns to the Hornets where he has appeared in 17 games averaging 5.5 points, 1.8 rebounds and 0.8 assists in 12.3 minutes per game in his second season in Charlotte. Bacon was selected 40th overall in the 2017 NBA Draft by New Orleans and acquired by Charlotte, along with cash considerations, in exchange for Frank Jackson (31st overall) on draft night.
Bacon will rejoin the Hornets prior to tonight's game against the Dallas Mavericks at 7:00pm ET at the Spectrum Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 2, 2019
- Long Island Defeats Erie on Record Night from Shannon Scott - Long Island Nets
- Skyforce Bounce Back, Top Spurs in Overtime - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce Bounce Back, Top Spurs in Overtime - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Falls to Fort Wayne, 101-93 - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ants Control Glass, Johnson Scores Career High to Lead Road Win at Westchester - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Kings Shine During 5-Game Winning Streak - Stockton Kings
- Magic Re-Acquire Reggis Onwukamuche - Lakeland Magic
- Daigneault Named December Coach of the Month - Oklahoma City Blue
- New Orleans Pelicans Transfer Trevon Bluiett to Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Yante Maten Named NBA G League Player of the Month - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Justin Dentmon Returns to Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Stars Begin Four-Game Homestand on Friday - Salt Lake City Stars
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- San Antonio Recalls Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Add Jordan Johnson to Roster - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Del Harris Nominated for Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame - Texas Legends
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Greensboro Swarm Announce 2019-20 Theme and Promotion Schedule
- Greensboro Swarm Acquires Returning Player Rights to Joel Berry II from South Bay Lakers
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Trade with Canton Charge
- Charlotte Hornets Sign Ahmed Hill to Two-Way Contract
- Greensboro Swarm Announce 2019-20 Schedule