Mad Ants Control Glass, Johnson Scores Career High to Lead Road Win at Westchester
White Plains, N.Y. - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants (10-10) defeated the Westchester Knicks (15-8), 101-93, at the Westchester County Center on Wednesday night.
Indiana Pacers assignee Alize Johnson finished the night with his 11th consecutive double-double performance, which included a career-high 31 points and 15 rebounds. Johnson shot 12-of-21 from the floor.
Also on assignment from Indiana, Ike Anigobgu pulled down 15 rebounds on Wednesday night. Stephan Hicks' fourth double-double of the season was highlighted by 24 points, to go along with 10 rebounds.
Pacers two-way guard Edmond Sumner finished with 12 of his 22 points in the second half, paving the way for only the fourth road win this season for the Mad Ants.
Westchester trailed the entire second half, but narrowed the deficit to one with 4:32 remaining in the fourth quarter. Fort Wayne closed out the game on an 11-4 run to split the season series with Westchester.
John Jenkins led the Knicks with 25 points and six rebounds. The fourth-leading scorer in the G League coming into Wednesday was held to only 8-of-23 shooting on the night. Sekou Wiggs poured in a career-high 20 points off the bench for Westchester.
Billy Garrett and Gyorgy Goloman each added 14 and 11 points on the night.
The Mad Ants return home on Friday night to take on Wisconsin, while Westchester will travel north to take on Raptors 905 on Friday as well.
Friday is "Go Green Night" and a Winter Hat giveaway presented by Omnisource. Tickets are available by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 2, 2019
- Long Island Defeats Erie on Record Night from Shannon Scott - Long Island Nets
- Skyforce Bounce Back, Top Spurs in Overtime - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce Bounce Back, Top Spurs in Overtime - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Falls to Fort Wayne, 101-93 - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ants Control Glass, Johnson Scores Career High to Lead Road Win at Westchester - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Kings Shine During 5-Game Winning Streak - Stockton Kings
- Magic Re-Acquire Reggis Onwukamuche - Lakeland Magic
- Daigneault Named December Coach of the Month - Oklahoma City Blue
- New Orleans Pelicans Transfer Trevon Bluiett to Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Yante Maten Named NBA G League Player of the Month - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Justin Dentmon Returns to Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Stars Begin Four-Game Homestand on Friday - Salt Lake City Stars
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz Warriors
- San Antonio Recalls Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Add Jordan Johnson to Roster - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Del Harris Nominated for Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame - Texas Legends
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants Acquire Walt Lemon Jr. from Windy City
- "Madame Ants" Change Name to "Mad Dancerz"
- Mad Ants Finalize 2019-20 Basketball Operations and Front Office Personnel
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne Tomorrow
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne on Saturday