Hoppers Punch Playoff Ticket
A four-tun seventh innings helped the Greensboro Grasshoppers lock up a spot in the High A East championship as they beat the Hudson Valley Renegades, 5-2, on Thursday night at Dutchess Stadium.
The Gades (69-48) took a 2-0 lead in the first inning on a walk to Anthony Volpe and a two-run home run by Everson Pereira. The Gades couldn't take advantage of other opportunities before the Hoppers got shut down pitching from Steven Jennings (4-1).
Hudson Valley starter Clay Aguilar threw a three-hit shutout over six innings before turning the ball over to Freicer Perez (0-1). A two-run home run was the big blow in the Hoppers' key inning. They tacked another run on in the eighth.
The Renegades left seven on base over the first four innings and nine total for the game.
Greensboro (73-44) will open the championship series with Bowling Green next month.
the Gades and Hoppers continue their season-ending series Friday night at Dutchess Stadium.
Per the State of New York, the Renegades are now open at 100% capacity. Tickets continue to be a tremendous value starting as low as $6. Visit HVRenegades.com for ticket information and so much more.
Follow the Renegades on Social Media and listen to the "Renegades Weekly" Podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
• Discuss this story on the High-A East League message board...
High-A East League Stories from September 17, 2021
- Renegades Beat Hoppers 3-2 to Even Series - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Crawdads Pinch Braves in Final Friday Game - Rome Braves
- Chacin's Solid Start Allows Cyclones to Leaver Jersey Shore Behind - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Dash Fall 14-4 to Tourists in Game Four - Winston-Salem Dash
- Claws Fall 7-4 Friday in Brooklyn - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Drive Lose, 1-0 - Greenville Drive
- Maimonides Park to Host Pete Alonso Homers for Heroes Charity Event September 27 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Wilmington Blue Rocks Annual Judy Johnson Night Helps Keep His and Negro League Baseball's Legacy Alive - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (September 17) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Light up the Shore Laser Light Shows: October 8th & 9th - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Hoppers Clinch Spot in High-A East Championship Series - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Hoppers Punch Playoff Ticket - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Cyclones Lose a Wild One, 8-6 on Thursday Night - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Bootleggers Find Barrels in 10-2 Win on Thursday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.