Dash Fall 14-4 to Tourists in Game Four
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - The Winston-Salem Dash fell to the Asheville Tourists 14-4 in the fourth game of a six-game series at Truist Stadium Thursday.
Cooper Bradford started for Winston-Salem and allowed Asheville the first run of the game in the top of the first. Zach Daniels led off with a single and later crossed home on an RBI base knock from Yainer Diaz to put Asheville in front 1-0.
The Tourists broke the game open in the second inning. Bradford allowed six Tourists runs on five hits before being relieved by Kevin Folman, who allowed a three hits of his own to plate another two. Halfway through the second inning, the Tourists enjoyed an 8-0 lead over the Dash.
Winston-Salem fought back in the home second inning, beginning with a double from Harvin Mendoza. Mendoza was driven in on a two-run homer off the bat of Samir Dueñez to put the Dash on the board and move the score to 8-2.
The Tourists plated another in the fifth on a wild pitch from Kevin Folman. Ty Madrigalallowed a solo homer in the sixth inning to move Asheville to a 10-2 lead. Asheville struck again in the eighth as C.J. Stubbs belted a grand slam to push to a 14-4 score, by which the Tourists took the game.
Diosmerky Taveras (3-0) took the win for Asheville while Cooper Bradford (3-4) suffered the loss for Winston-Salem. The Tourists move ahead 3-1 in the series.
The Dash look to game five on Saturday with a first pitch listed for 7:00 p.m. ET. Dan Metzdorf will toe the rubber for Winston-Salem. Kyle Gruller is slated to start for Asheville. Coverage begins at 6:45 on https://www.milb.com/winston-salem/team/broadcast-corner.
• Discuss this story on the High-A East League message board...
High-A East League Stories from September 17, 2021
- Renegades Beat Hoppers 3-2 to Even Series - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Crawdads Pinch Braves in Final Friday Game - Rome Braves
- Chacin's Solid Start Allows Cyclones to Leaver Jersey Shore Behind - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Dash Fall 14-4 to Tourists in Game Four - Winston-Salem Dash
- Claws Fall 7-4 Friday in Brooklyn - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Drive Lose, 1-0 - Greenville Drive
- Maimonides Park to Host Pete Alonso Homers for Heroes Charity Event September 27 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Wilmington Blue Rocks Annual Judy Johnson Night Helps Keep His and Negro League Baseball's Legacy Alive - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (September 17) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Light up the Shore Laser Light Shows: October 8th & 9th - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Hoppers Clinch Spot in High-A East Championship Series - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Hoppers Punch Playoff Ticket - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Cyclones Lose a Wild One, 8-6 on Thursday Night - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Bootleggers Find Barrels in 10-2 Win on Thursday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.