Heat Announce Brendan Morrison as the Final Legend in the Series
Abbotsford, BC - The Abbotsford Heat announced today that NHL Veteran Brendan Morrison will be making an appearance at the April 4th Heat game. As part of the Abbotsford Heat Legends of Hockey series, Morrison will be available for autographs on the concourse of the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre (AESC) on a first come, first served basis. For fans who lead a group sale of 10 or more tickets for this game, they and a guest will have the opportunity to participate in an exclusive meet and greet with Morrison. Additionally, if you renew or purchase your 2014-15 season tickets, you could win an exclusive meet and greet.
Brendan Morrison, a Pitt Meadows native, is a veteran of over 900 NHL games, including 543 of which were with the Vancouver Canucks from the 1999-00 season until the 2007-08 season. During that time, Morrison played on the 1st line with teammates Markus Naslund and Todd Bertuzzi, dubbed the "West Coast Express" line for its offensive proficiency. Morrison has amassed 200 goals and 401 assists in his NHL career for a total of 601 points, which is an average of 0.64 points per game.
Brendan Morrison will be making his appearance on Friday, April 4th, 2014 as the Heat play the Rockford IceHogs (AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks). Fans are encouraged to purchase their tickets today by calling 1-855-985-5000.
Fans can also call this number to renew or purchase 2014-15 season tickets and have an opportunity to win a trip for two to enjoy an away game on the final Heat road trip of the regular season. Eligible contestants must renew or purchase a new FULL season ticket by close of doors on April 5th (ticket holders that have previously purchased full season tickets and premium clients under contract are eligible). You and a guest will join the team with you choosing the game date (April 17 vs. San Antonio, April 18 vs. San Antonio or April 19 vs. Texas). Trip includes round-trip airfare for two, two nights' accommodations (one room), and two game tickets. The winner will be drawn on Monday, April 7th.
In addition to calling 1-855-985-5000, fans can purchase Abbotsford Heat single game tickets at ticketmaster.ca and at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre box office.
The next Heat home games are Friday, April 4th and Saturday, April 5th against the Rockford IceHogs (AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks). Rockford also features two players from British Columbia: Jason LaBarbera (Burnaby), and Brad Mills (Terrace). To purchase tickets call 1-855-985-5000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 20, 2014
- Archibald Returns; Pacan Reassigned - Utica Comets
- Shark Warning in Atlantic - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Heat Sign Allan McPherson - Abbotsford Heat
- Almquist and Mrazek Return to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Sign Michael Young to ATO - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs to Feature Inaugural Girl Scouts Jersey - Manchester Monarchs
- Amerks Sign Defenseman Blake Kessel to PTO Contract - Rochester Americans
- Jarnkrok Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Sign Kyle Bushee to PTO - Adirondack Phantoms
- Worcester Sharks Sign Forward Adam Schmidt (Holy Cross) to An ATO - Worcester Sharks
- Wolf Pack's Latta a German/Canadian Hockey Hybrid - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Saturday's IceHogs Game Sold Out - Rockford IceHogs
- Hellberg Heads to Cincinnati - Milwaukee Admirals
- Face off against Cancer Set for April 5th - Binghamton Senators
- Goaltender Anton Forsberg Reassigned to Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- "Albany Devils Fight Cancer Night" on March 29 - Albany Devils
- Lightning Sign Free Agent Forward Cody Kunyk - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Announce Brendan Morrison as the Final Legend in the Series - Abbotsford Heat
- Anaheim Recalls Rakell and Etem - Norfolk Admirals
- Fourth-Annual 'Pucks for Paws' Night Set for March 29 - Syracuse Crunch
- IceCaps Sign Colton Beck to ATO - St. John's IceCaps
- Phantoms Weekly - 8 Home Games Left - Adirondack Phantoms