Harrisburg Senators Game Information
The Senators and Altoona Curve play game the final game of their four-game series today at Peoples Natural Gas Field in Altoona. Harrisburg has taken six of the nine games played between the two teams but Altoona has taken three of the last four. Since being swept by Binghamton at home, the Senators have won six of nine. Harrisburg begins the day leading Altoona by 8.0 games and Erie by 8.5. The eight runs Altoona scored last night were the second most the Sens have given up. The Senators need a win today to avoid losing a series for the second time this season.
Altoona (21-20) scored eight unanswered runs while taking down the Senators 8-2 Saturday night in Altoona at Peoples Natural Gas Field. Harrisburg (29-12) scored first when Chuck Taylor homered, and Spencer Kieboom later followed with a sacrifice fly RBI in the second inning. The Curve scored five runs on five hits in the third and added three more in the eighth inning to secure their second win of the four-game series.
- Their 39 home runs lead the Eastern League and they lead the league in 2Bs with 73.
- Of the 39 home runs the Sens have hit, 25 by LH, 6 by RH, and 8 by SH.
- The Sens have 29 games remaining in the first half. Of the remaining games, 14 are home and 15 away; 20 are NL and 9 are AL; and 9 are against West opponents and 20 are against the East.
- After starting May 3-6, they're now 8-8. They're hitting just .227 and averaging 3.6 runs per game offensively and on the mound they have a 4.27 ERA.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 19, 2019
- Hall and Williams' homers carry R-Phils to four-game sweep of Sea Dogs - Reading Fightin Phils
- 'Dogs Rally in the Ninth But Drop Finale, 5-4 to Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Carpio Makes Instant Impact as Ponies Beat Thunder - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Delay's Four Hits Aid Comeback Victory over Senators - Altoona Curve
- Cangrejos Win, 3-0, to Sweep Pinatas - Bowie Baysox
- Richmond Scores Early, Holds off RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Thunder Drop Series Finale to 'Ponies - Trenton Thunder
- Garcia Drives in Two in Sens 6-4 Loss to Altoona - Harrisburg Senators
- Bowell Authors Capra-Like Finish, as Red Hot Goats Prevail - Hartford Yard Goats
- SeaWolves Drop Series Finale at Bowie - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information - Harrisburg Senators
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Bowie Baysox - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Game Notes May 19th at Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #38 Rumble Ponies (22-15) at Trenton Thunder (23-15) - 1:00 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.