Harold Ramirez's Homer Not Enough for New Hampshire in 7-4 Loss
Manchester, N.H. - The New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays Double-A affiliate) took a 7-4 loss to the Akron RubberDucks (Cleveland Indians) on Thursday night at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium.
Triston McKenzie (W, 1-0), the No. 21 prospect in baseball according to MLB.com, held the Fisher Cats to one hit over five innings in his Double-A debut.
Harold Ramirez crushed his second homer of the season to the left of the batter's eye in center field in the bottom of the sixth inning, but New Hampshire's couldn't climb out of a 7-1 hole.
Akron plated four runs in the third inning with the help of a throwing error from Jordan Romano (L, 8-1) and a two-run homer by Andrew Calica. After Ramirez's solo shot, Akron put three more on the board in the top of the seventh.
The Fisher Cats rallied for three runs in the bottom of the eighth with the help of three walks, a hit batter, a wild pitch, and an RBI single from Connor Panas, but Ka'ai Tom threw out Juan Kelly at the plate to end the rally and keep the score 7-4.
New Hampshire will host the Bowie Baysox (Baltimore Orioles) in a three-game series starting on Friday night at 6:35 p.m. It's Manchester Community College Night, featuring a postgame Atlas Fireworks Show.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 7, 2018
- Yard Goats Lose in 13 Innings, Swept in Erie - Hartford Yard Goats
- Curve Win on Gaffney Single, Shut out Fightins Again - Altoona Curve
- Suarez strong in 1-0 loss in Altoona - Reading Fightin Phils
- Thunder Drop Series Finale to Richmond - Trenton Thunder
- Rubio Rules in Squirrels Debut; Richmond Takes Series in Jersey - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Harold Ramirez's Homer Not Enough for New Hampshire in 7-4 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- RubberDucks Top New Hampshire, 7-4 - Akron RubberDucks
- Ponies Bounce Past Senators in Rubber Game - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Binghamton Scores Early to Win Rubber Match - Harrisburg Senators
- Bollinger Activated Prior to Thursday Start - Trenton Thunder
- Baysox Hold on in Ninth to Top Portland, 7-5 - Bowie Baysox
- Bowie Takes Series with a 7-5 Win on Thursday - Portland Sea Dogs
- Game Notes: vs. Hartford - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #59 - Rumble Ponies (32-26) at Senators (28-28) - 12:00 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Baysox to Welcome Jose Canseco on June 14 - Bowie Baysox
- Soccer Star Oguchi Onyewu to Kick off World Cup at the Diamond - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes vs. Binghamton - Game #57 - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 7th vs. Bowie - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- Fisher Cats Win First Title Since 2011
- One More Win: NH Takes 2-0 ELCS Lead, Moves to Brink of Title
- Forrest Wall's 10th Inning Single Gives NH 1-0 ELCS Lead
- Championship Series Preview: Fisher Cats Take on RubberDucks for Eastern League Crown
- Title Bound: Fisher Cats Complete Sweep of Thunder in EDCS