H-E-B Announced as Official Grocer of Austin FC
Austin, Texas - Austin FC, the 27th Club in Major League Soccer (MLS), announced today that H-E-B has become the Official Grocer of the Club in a multi-year partnership that sees H-E-B, one of the most iconic brands in Texas, join forces with the city's first major league Club. As part of the partnership, Favor, the Austin-born and -based on-demand delivery service owned by H-E-B, becomes the Official Food Delivery Service of Austin FC.
"H-E-B plays a central role in serving our community," commented Andy Loughnane, President of Austin FC. "We are honored to be aligning with a brand that has a remarkable history of service and a rich history of activating legendary partnerships with sports properties in Texas."
H-E-B will be the presenting sponsor of the "H-E-B Plaza", an on-site fan-zone activation area in the exterior of the northeast entrance of Austin FC's state-of-the-art 20,500 seat soccer park and stadium that will operate as a pre-match gathering hub during each of the Club's home fixtures. H-E-B will also sponsor the Community Kick-Back program, a donation platform to local non-profit organizations in recognition of each Austin FC regular season goal scored during the Club's inaugural season.
"H-E-B has proudly served Texans for 115 years, and we consider it our privilege to welcome Austin FC, their premier team members, and spirited fans through this unique partnership," said Ashwin Nathan, H-E-B Vice President of Marketing and Advertising. "We're ready to get to work with Austin FC, both on and off the field, as we explore new and innovative ways to serve our community."
A Texas Business Hall of Fame company, H-E-B will also be the presenting partner of Austin FC's "Season of Giving" platform, a range of programs that will support different sectors of the community in Austin and throughout Central Texas. Other features of the partnership will include Favor matchday activations where Austin FC fans will have the opportunity to win prizes from H-E-B, Favor, and Austin FC.
Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, H-E-B has served Texas for 115 years and operates more than 400 stores throughout the State and the northeast region of Mexico, including more than 50 locations in Austin and the surrounding communities. It is one of the largest retailer grocery stores in the United States, employing more than 120,000 associates.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 23, 2020
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. LAFC - November 28, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- Seattle Sounders FC Confirms Positive COVID-19 Case - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 23, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Travels to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tomorrow in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Los Angeles FC
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces Toronto FC in Eastern Conference Quarterfinal - Nashville SC
- Kicking off Year Two with Inter Miami CF Academy Presented by Baptist Health - Inter Miami CF
- Dynamo Charities to Host Holiday Food Drive at BBVA Stadium Saturday - Houston Dynamo
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
- Seattle Supports Sounders FC Ahead of Opening Round Playoff Battle against LAFC - Seattle Sounders FC
- H-E-B Announced as Official Grocer of Austin FC - Austin FC
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 21-Year-Old Defender Jhon Espinoza - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC, MLSE Foundation and Black Players for Change Announce Community Partnership Ahead of 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Toronto FC
- Sixth-Seeded FC Dallas Upsets Third-Seeded Portland Timbers at Providence Park - FC Dallas
- Timbers Fall to FC Dallas in First Round of Audi MLS Cup Playoffs on Penalty Kicks - Portland Timbers
- Loons Win First MLS Playoff Game - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin FC Stories
- Austin FC Names Chief Medical Officer and Chief Orthopedic Officer
- Austin FC Announces Preston Burpo as Goalkeeper Coach
- Austin FC Signs Argentine Attacking Midfielder Tomas Pochettino to Designated Player Contract
- Austin FC Signs 2021 MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas First Round Selection Freddy Kleemann
- Austin FC Acquires Free Agent MLS Forward and Two-Time Israeli Premier League Champion Aaron Schoenfeld