Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 23, 2020
The San Jose Earthquakes were defeated by the No. 1 seed Sporting Kansas City on penalty kicks after a 3-3 draw in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs on Sunday afternoon at Children's Mercy Park. The Quakes were eliminated from playoff contention with the defeat.
Carlos Fierro, Shea Salinas, and Chris Wondolowski each scored a goal, while Cristian Espinoza (2), Carlos Fierro (1) and Andy Rios (1) contributed with assists. At 37 years and 299 days, Wondolowski became the oldest player in Earthquakes history and sixth oldest player in MLS history to score in the postseason. Cade Cowell became the youngest player in club history to make a postseason appearance at 17 years and 40 days.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 23, 2020
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. LAFC - November 28, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- Seattle Sounders FC Confirms Positive COVID-19 Case - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 23, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Travels to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tomorrow in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Los Angeles FC
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces Toronto FC in Eastern Conference Quarterfinal - Nashville SC
- Kicking off Year Two with Inter Miami CF Academy Presented by Baptist Health - Inter Miami CF
- Dynamo Charities to Host Holiday Food Drive at BBVA Stadium Saturday - Houston Dynamo
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Philadelphia Union - New England Revolution
- Seattle Supports Sounders FC Ahead of Opening Round Playoff Battle against LAFC - Seattle Sounders FC
- H-E-B Announced as Official Grocer of Austin FC - Austin FC
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 21-Year-Old Defender Jhon Espinoza - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC, MLSE Foundation and Black Players for Change Announce Community Partnership Ahead of 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Toronto FC
- Sixth-Seeded FC Dallas Upsets Third-Seeded Portland Timbers at Providence Park - FC Dallas
- Timbers Fall to FC Dallas in First Round of Audi MLS Cup Playoffs on Penalty Kicks - Portland Timbers
- Loons Win First MLS Playoff Game - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: January 25, 2021
- Marcinkowski, Yueill Called to USMNT Ahead of Friendly with T&T on January 31
- Earthquakes Select Cal Forward Thomas Williamson in First Round of 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- 2021 MLS SuperDraft Takes Place Today
- Earthquakes Acquire Mexican Midfielder Javier Eduardo Lopez on Loan from Chivas