Griffins Send McCrea to Walleye
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins on Monday assigned defenseman Alec McCrea to the ECHL's Toledo Walleye.
ï»¿ï»¿McCrea, 24, has yet to make his professional debut after signing a one-year contract with Grand Rapids on April 11, 2019.
ï»¿ï»¿A 6-foot-3, 210-pound blueliner, McCrea played four seasons (2015-19) at Cornell University, where he totaled 49 points (12-37-49), a plus-41 rating and 62 penalty minutes in 137 appearances. He helped the Big Red advance to the NCAA Tournament in his last three seasons and capture the last two Cleary Cups, awarded annually to the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference's regular season champion. A native of San Diego, Calif., McCrea was named the ECAC's Best Defensive Defenseman and to the All-Ivy Second Team as a junior in 2017-18.
ï»¿ï»¿The Griffins have won two of their first three games and will head to Texas for a two-game weekend set against the Stars beginning on Friday at 8 p.m. EDT.
ï»¿ï»¿Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 14, 2019
- Wolves Insider: Huge Weekend Ahead - Chicago Wolves
- Rocket Dominate IceHogs with a Brilliant Performance and a Convincing 3-1 Triumph - Laval Rocket
- Eagles Recall Goaltender Hunter Miska from Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Weekly: October 14 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Send McCrea to Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 14-20 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Recall Houser from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Loan Jeff Taylor to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: October 14 - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Travis Boyd Named CCM/AHL Player of Week - Hershey Bears
- Coyotes Recall Kyle Capobianco from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hershey's Travis Boyd Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canucks Recall Zane McIntyre, Eliot Returned from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- Monsters Weekly: October 14, 2019 - Cleveland Monsters
- Islanders Recall Wahlstrom - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.