Amerks Recall Houser from Cincinnati
(Rochester, NY) ... Rochester Americans General Manager Randy Sexton announced today that the team has recalled goaltender Michael Houser from the Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL).
Houser, 26, earns his first recall to Rochester after opening the 2019-20 campaign with a 36-save effort for the Cyclones this past Saturday while also earning the win.
A native of Youngstown, Ohio, the seven-year netminder appeared in 41 games with the Cincinnati last season, recording a 29-7-5 record with a 2.12 goals-against average and a .916 save percentage. His 29 wins, which were a pro career-high, tied for first in the league. Following the conclusion of the season, Houser was named an ECHL First All-Star Team selection in addition to earning ECHL Goaltender of the Year honors.
Houser shows an 112-52-13 record and nine shutouts in 185 career ECHL games between the Fort Wayne Komets, Cincinnati Cyclones and Manchester Monarchs. Additionally, he boasts a 32-26-4 record in 73 AHL contests between the Tucson Roadrunners, Cleveland Monsters, Ontario Reign and San Antonio Rampage.
Amerks 2019-20 Season Ticket Memberships, which start as low as just $14 per game, are on-sale now. Full-season ticket member benefits include, but are not limited to, Riverside Club VIP Room access with Amerks Alumni, family meet and greet and annual Skate with the Players event, an exclusive preseason Ice Breaker Party and much more. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
Images from this story
Rochester Americans goaltender Michael Houser
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 14, 2019
- Wolves Insider: Huge Weekend Ahead - Chicago Wolves
- Rocket Dominate IceHogs with a Brilliant Performance and a Convincing 3-1 Triumph - Laval Rocket
- Eagles Recall Goaltender Hunter Miska from Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Weekly: October 14 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Send McCrea to Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 14-20 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Recall Houser from Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Loan Jeff Taylor to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: October 14 - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Travis Boyd Named CCM/AHL Player of Week - Hershey Bears
- Coyotes Recall Kyle Capobianco from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hershey's Travis Boyd Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canucks Recall Zane McIntyre, Eliot Returned from Kalamazoo - Utica Comets
- Monsters Weekly: October 14, 2019 - Cleveland Monsters
- Islanders Recall Wahlstrom - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.