Go-Go Announce 2019-20 Schedule
The Capital City Go-Go, the Washington Wizards' NBA G League affiliate, announced today their 2019-20 regular-season schedule, which will tip-off on November 9 at the Entertainment and Sports Arena against the Grand Rapids Drive at 7:00 p.m. Check out the full schedule here.
"We can't wait to represent Ward 8 and see the fans back at the Entertainment and Sports Arena for the second season of Go-Go basketball," said Go-Go Head Coach Ryan Richman. "It's exciting to see the schedule and know that we are close to getting back to work on the court and in the community."
Capital City will once again play 24 games in Ward 8, 16 of which will fall on the weekend (six on Friday, five on Saturday and five on Sunday - four of which will be 3:00 p.m. tip-offs). The Go-Go will host two Education Day games this season, the first coming on Tuesday, December 3 against the Lakeland Magic, and the second on Tuesday, February 25 against the Maine Red Claws with both games tipping off at 11:30 a.m.
The Go-Go will now be a member of a five-team Southeast Division, as the College Park Skyhawks begin their first season as the affiliate of the Atlanta Hawks at the new Gateway Center in College Park, Georgia. Capital City will face College Park, the Greensboro Swarm, Erie BayHawks and Lakeland Magic four times apiece - two at home and two on the road.
With a now 15-team Eastern Conference in the NBA G League, the Go-Go will play three games each against eight Eastern Conference teams and two games against the other two teams in the East. Capital City will host the Maine Red Claws, Fort Wayne Mad Ants, Westchester Knicks, and Windy City Bulls twice and travel to each team once while they will travel twice to the Canton Charge, Delaware Blue Coats, Raptors 905 and Wisconsin Herd and host each team once. The Go-Go will have a two-game home-and-away series with the Long Island Nets and Grand Rapids Drive.
Capital City will play two of the Western Conference division teams during the season, with the Midwest Division at home and the Southwest on the road. The Go-Go will host the Oklahoma City Blue and Sioux Falls Skyforce for the first time in the Nation's Capital, while the Go-Go will make their first appearances at the Texas Legends and defending NBA G League Champion Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the Southwest Division.
The Go-Go have two four-game homestands during the season, the first from November 27-December 3 against three Southeast Division opponents and the second from December 27-January 5 against Maine, Windy City, Fort Wayne, and Oklahoma City. Capital City will not play a game at home for 19 days between December 8-27 as they embark on a two-game road trip and observe the NBA G League Winter Break. The team's longest stretch of consecutive road games will take place from March 6-14, as the Go-Go play two sets of back-to-backs at Windy City and Wisconsin and then Rio Grande Valley and Texas.
Full season memberships for the Go-Go's 2019-20 season start at just $10. For more information about full season ticket memberships and partial season ticket plans, click here or call the ticket sales office at (202) 864-4350.
- Ryan Richman will make his NBA G League head coaching debut on Saturday, November 9 at 7:00 p.m. against the Grand Rapids Drive at the Entertainment and Sports Arena.
- Capital City will play 16 of 24 home games on the weekend (Friday-Sunday) - six on Friday, five on Saturday and five on Sunday - four of which will be played in the afternoon.
- The Go-Go will host their Education Day game on Tuesday, February 25, with tip-off at 11:30 a.m. against the Maine Red Claws.
- Capital City will play the Lakeland Magic at 11:30 a.m. on December 3, creating a Monumental Basketball double-header as the Wizards will face off with the Orlando Magic at 7:00 p.m. at Capital One Arena.
- All weekday & Saturday home games will tip-off at 7:00 p.m. with the exception of the aforementioned 11:30 a.m. tip-offs.
- All Sunday home games will tip-off at 3:00 p.m., with the exception of the December 29 game against the Windy City Bulls (6:00 p.m.).
- The Go-Go will play four back-to-backs and will only have to travel in three of those (February 21 and 22 will both be played in Greensboro against the Swarm).
- The Go-Go will travel to the Southwest Division, playing the Texas Legends and defending NBA G League champion Rio Grande Valley Vipers and will host the Midwest Division, the Oklahoma City Blue and Sioux Falls Skyforce for the first time.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from August 26, 2019
- College Park Skyhawks Announce Schedule for Inaugural Season - College Park Skyhawks
- Westchester Knicks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Westchester Knicks
- Lakeland Magic Announce 2019-20 Season Schedule - Lakeland Magic
- Oklahoma City Blue Announces 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule - Oklahoma City Blue
- Iowa Wolves Release 2019-20 Season Schedule - Iowa Wolves
- Stars Announce 2019-20 Season Schedule - Salt Lake City Stars
- Long Island Nets Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Long Island Nets
- Austin Spurs Announce 2019-20 Season Schedule - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2019-20 NBA G League Schedule - Delaware Blue Coats
- Raptors 905 Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Raptors 905
- Skyforce Announces 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red Claws Announce Full Schedule for 2019-20 Season - Maine Red Claws
- Go-Go Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Capital City Go-Go
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce 2019-20 Season Schedule - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Windy City Bulls Announce Full Schedule for 2019-2020 Regular Season - Windy City Bulls
- South Bay Lakers Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - South Bay Lakers
- Drive Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Swarm Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Greensboro Swarm
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Announce 2019-20 Schedule Release - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Northern Arizona Suns Reveal 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Northern Arizona Suns
- Memphis Hustle Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Memphis Hustle
- Mad Ants Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Nba G League Tips Off 2019-20 Season On November 8 - G League
- Canton Charge to Begin 2019-20 Season at Home on Saturday, November 9 - Canton Charge
- Stockton Kings to Begin 2019-20 Season with Back-To-Back against Santa Cruz Warriors on November 8-9 - Stockton Kings
- Legends Announce Tenth Season Schedule - Texas Legends
- Wisconsin Herd Announces 2019-20 Season Schedule - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.