Gladiators Forward Davies Called up to AHL Chicago
Gladiators rookie forward Michael Davies was called up to the Chicago Wolves of the AHL on Wednesday. Davies, 23, became the second Gladiator to be recalled this season. His former teammate at the University of Wisconsin and Gwinnett Aaron Bendickson was called up to AHL Rochester AHL in late October.
Davies was assigned to Gwinnett from Chicago in early October. In six games with Gwinnett this season, Davies scored a goal and had five assists for six points for the rookie forward.
He set a career-high with 52 points (20 goals, 32 assists) in 41 games as a senior with the University of Wisconsin last season. His 52 points last year shared sixth in scoring in the NCAA. He ranked second on the Badgers with a career-best 20 goals and third with a career-high 32 assists.
The Chesterfield, Missouri, native made his professional debut in three Calder Cup playoff games with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the AHL after Wisconsin was defeated in the 2010 NCAA National Championship game. Davies earned 123 points (54 goals, 69 assists) and 122 penalty minutes in 155 career collegiate games with Wisconsin from 2006-10.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 3, 2010
- K-Wings Get By Cyclones, 4-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- K-Wings End Winless Streak - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Net Fourth-Straight Road Win in 4-1 - Elmira Jackals
- David Walker Named Captain - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Host Drive to Benefit Three Square Food Bank - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Vs. Alaska - Oakland Raiderettes Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Experience the Walleye for Free with BrowserNation Add-On - Toledo Walleye
- Alex Petizian Called up by Portland - Alaska Aces
- Salmon Kings' Gill Earns ECHL Goaltender of the Month Award - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Cyclones Game Preview: Cincinnati vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Victoria's Gill Named ECHL Goaltender of the Month - ECHL
- Gladiators Forward Davies Called up to AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gladiators Forward Bendickson Named Rookie of the Month - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gwinnett's Bendickson Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Opening Night Jersey Auction Starts Today - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at Toledo - Elmira Jackals
- Three-unanswered Goals Help Jackals Defeat Cyclones, 4-2 - Elmira Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Atlanta Improves Point Streak to Five Games with 2-1 Home Win over the Admirals
- Atlanta Earns Huge Point as They Fall to Everblades in Shootout
- Atlanta Erases Three Goal Deficit and Takes Win in Epic 11-Round Shootout
- Former NHLer Jared Ross Re-Signs with Atlanta
- Gladiators and Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce to Host MLS VIP Experience