Generals Gameday: April 22 - Generals at Birmingham
Jackson Generals (8-7)
vs. Birmingham Barons (9-8)
Monday, April 22 | 11:00 am CT | Regions Field
Game #16 | Road Game #12 | First Half Game #16
Generals Starter: RHP Emilio Vargas (0-0, 3.60 ERA)
Opponent Starter: LHP Bernardo Flores (1-1, 0.56 ERA)
LAST GAME: The Jackson Generals, the Double-A affiliate of Major League Baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks, finally felt the pendulum back swing the other way, losing 10-4 on Sunday to the Birmingham Barons. The loss by the Generals (8-7) ends a four-game winning streak, as the Barons (9-8) evened the series with a 13-hit barrage at Regions Field. Recap: JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com
TODAY'S PITCHING MATCHUP: Right-hander Emilio Vargas hasn't claimed a win yet in 2019, but he was lights-out in his only previous outing at Birmingham last August (8.0 IP, 0 R, 10 K). He'll square up to Birmingham's Bernardo Flores, who's allowed just one run over his last four starts, dating back to last September.
HIT OR MISS: After scoring 37 runs during a four-game stretch last week (4/16-4/20), the Generals were held to just four runs yesterday. The offensive trends over the last two games have been concerning: Birmingham has stranded a total of 21 Jackson runners over the past two games, holding the Generals without a hit in 18 situations with men in scoring position.
MORNING BASEBALL: Today's 11:05am CT start will be the earliest first pitch the Generals have had this year. Jackson will have three morning games in their next eight contests, with one coming on Wednesday for the finale at Birmingham and another for the series finale against Pensacola next Monday at The Ballpark at Jackson.
|GENERALS TICKETS SUMMARY|
General Admission (GA): $6 in advance, $8 on game day
Reserved Seating: $10 in advance, $12 on game day
Group Picnics: $7/person (plus food) for 15+ people; $6/person for 100+
Suites/Party Decks: Please call the front office for pricing & availability.
Belly Buster Monday Nights:
$16 bottomless popcorn, hot dogs, burgers, ice cream, soda & nachos
$1 Dollar Thursday Nights:
$1 tickets, hot dogs, popcorn, and soda; $1 beer for age 21+
Generals partner with a local non-profit for in-game promotion; call us for details!
The 2019 baseball season is here! Get your tickets today: dial 731.988.5299 or log on to JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com!
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from April 22, 2019
- Near No-Hitter Leads Shuckers Past Jumbo Shrimp - Biloxi Shuckers
- Lookouts Split in Twin Bill - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Wahoos Complete Comeback for 7-4 Win over Mobile - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Shuckers Defeat Shrimp 7-1 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Smokies, Lookouts Split Twin Bill - Tennessee Smokies
- Lien, Johnstone Named Farm Bureau Players of the Week - Mississippi Braves
- Homers Hurt Barons in 5-2 Loss - Birmingham Barons
- Connor Lien Named Southern League Player of the Week - Mississippi Braves
- Basabe reinstated from injured list, transferred to Class-A Kannapolis - Birmingham Barons
- Pitching, Defense Central to Generals Win - Jackson Generals
- Didder's Walk-Off Bunt Gives M-Braves Second-Straight Win - Mississippi Braves
- M-Braves Clip Biscuits, 2-1 in 10 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Mike Montgomery Expected to Make Rehab Start Monday Night - Tennessee Smokies
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Game Notes, April 22 at Biloxi - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Trey Supak Named Southern League Pitcher of the Week - Biloxi Shuckers
- Southern League Names Weekly Award Winners: April 15-21 - SL
- Generals Gameday: April 22 - Generals at Birmingham - Jackson Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jackson Generals Stories
- USA Championship Wrestling to Hold Major Wrestling Event at the Ballpark at Jackson
- The Ohio Valley Conference Championship Is Returning to Jackson
- Generals to Host Local High Schools at the Ballpark at Jackson
- Generals to Donate the Ballpark at Jackson for Lane College Baseball
- Generals Issue Letter to City of Jackson Regarding Future