Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Toronto FC
ORLANDO, Fla. - The New England Revolution (1-1-2; 5 pts. - 2nd in Group C) will conclude the group stage of the MLS is Back Tournament on Tuesday, July 21 with an early 9:00 a.m. ET kickoff against Toronto FC (2-0-2; 8 pts. - 1st in Group C). The match will be televised nationally on ESPN and ESPN Deportes, and will air locally on the radio with Brad Feldman and Charlie Davies calling the action on 98.5 The Sports Hub HD2.
The Revolution, unbeaten in three straight games, enter Tuesday's match level with Toronto on four points apiece to lead Group C. A win would see the Revolution finish atop the group, while a draw against the defending Eastern Conference champions would also see New England advance to the Round of 16 in second place. Click here to view the complete MLS is Back Tournament bracket and Round of 16 scenarios. Riding a three-game unbeaten streak into the Tuesday's game, New England leads the all-time series against the Reds, 13-8-10, and remains unbeaten in seven July games (5-0-2) under Bruce Arena.
Revolution vs. Toronto FC
MLS is Back Tournament Group C Round 3
Date: Tuesday, July 21
Kickoff: 9:00 a.m. ET
Location: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort (Orlando, Florida)
National TV: ESPN (English) / ESPN Deportes (Spanish)
English Talent: Jon Champion (play-by-play), Taylor Twellman (analyst), Stefano Fusaro (sideline)
Local Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub HD2
Radio Talent: Brad Feldman (play-by-play), Charlie Davies (analyst)
WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Here are some top storylines ahead of Tuesday's Group C finale against Toronto FC.
- The Revolution would win Group C with a win over Toronto FC, while a draw would also clinch second place in the group and a spot in the MLS is Back Tournament Knockout Stage. A loss would not automatically eliminate the Revs, as the four best third-place finishers after group play also advance.
- New England is unbeaten in three straight games and an undefeated 5-0-2 in July with Bruce Arena on the sidelines.
- F Gustavo Bou owns 10 goals through 18 MLS appearances, fifth most in MLS since he entered the league on July 17, 2019.
- With his next appearance, M Diego Fagundez will tie Chris Tierney (246) for the third-most appearances in a Revolution uniform.
Gillette Stadium Drive-in Watch Party: On Tuesday morning, the Revolution will once again host supporters on the Gillette Stadium field for a socially distanced drive-in watch party. All proceeds will benefit the United Negro College Fund's (UNCF) Virtual Walk for Education, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Boston Branch, and Special Olympics Massachusetts.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 20, 2020
- Goal from Ilsinho earns Union another point in draw against Orlando - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City Wins Group A Following Draw with Philadelphia - Orlando City SC
- Loudoun United FC Fall 3-1 to Hartford Athletic on the Road - D.C. United
- Javier Hernandez Returns to LA, out for Remainder of MLS Is Back Tournament - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: July 20, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Conclude Group E Matches with Cincinnati on Wednesday - New York Red Bulls
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 0 Inter Miami CF - New York City FC
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: July 20-26 - Chicago Fire
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Faces Atlanta United Tomorrow on ESPN2 - Columbus Crew SC
- Alonso: "When the Road Is Tough, Only the Tough Ones WalkÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew SC - Atlanta United FC
- Inter Miami Falls to 1-0 Defeat to NYCFC in Final MLS Is Back Match - Inter Miami CF
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Toronto FC - New England Revolution
- The Montreal Impact Acquires Full-Back Mustafa Kizza - Montreal Impact
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: July 20, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Sounders FC Secures Passage to Knockout Round of MLS Is Back Tournament with 3-0 Victory over Vancouver - Seattle Sounders FC
- 'Caps fall to rival Sounders in tourney action - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- New England Revolution Youth Development Update: October 29, 2020
- Revolution Fall, 1-0, to New York Red Bulls
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls
- Revolution and Nashville SC Play to 1-1 Draw
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Nashville SC