The Montreal Impact Acquires Full-Back Mustafa Kizza
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact announced on Monday the acquisition of Uganda international full-back Mustafa Kizza from KCCA FC, in the Uganda Premier League, for two years plus three option years. The deal will start on August 12.
Kizza will remain with his club until December, on loan from the Impact, because of the current Covid-19 situation, so he will not be taking an international spot on the roster. Montreal keeps the option to call him back if the situation improves.
"We are really happy to acquire one of the best young players from Uganda," said the Montreal Impact sporting director Olivier Renard. "Mustafa Kizza is a modern attacking left-back with great crossing abilities and huge potential. He is good on free-kicks and his height will also help on set pieces."
The 20-year-old has been playing with KCCA FC, in Uganda, since 2017. In the 2019-20 season, he has played 19 games, scoring five goals and adding 12 assists. He also started nine CAF Champions League game with his club in 2019 and 2020, recording four goals and four assists.
With the Uganda national team, he has scored four goals in 10 games.
Transaction: The Montreal Impact acquires Uganda international full-back Mustafa Kizza from KCCA FC.
Date of birth: September 3, 1999
Place of birth: Kibuli, Uganda
Previous club: KCCA FC
Date of transfer: August 12, 2020
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 20, 2020
- Goal from Ilsinho earns Union another point in draw against Orlando - Philadelphia Union
- Orlando City Wins Group A Following Draw with Philadelphia - Orlando City SC
- Loudoun United FC Fall 3-1 to Hartford Athletic on the Road - D.C. United
- Javier Hernandez Returns to LA, out for Remainder of MLS Is Back Tournament - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: July 20, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Conclude Group E Matches with Cincinnati on Wednesday - New York Red Bulls
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 0 Inter Miami CF - New York City FC
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: July 20-26 - Chicago Fire
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Faces Atlanta United Tomorrow on ESPN2 - Columbus Crew SC
- Alonso: "When the Road Is Tough, Only the Tough Ones WalkÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew SC - Atlanta United FC
- Inter Miami Falls to 1-0 Defeat to NYCFC in Final MLS Is Back Match - Inter Miami CF
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Toronto FC - New England Revolution
- The Montreal Impact Acquires Full-Back Mustafa Kizza - Montreal Impact
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: July 20, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Sounders FC Secures Passage to Knockout Round of MLS Is Back Tournament with 3-0 Victory over Vancouver - Seattle Sounders FC
- 'Caps fall to rival Sounders in tourney action - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.