Game Notes vs. Sacramento
The Aces welcome the River Cats to Greater Nevada Field for the biggest series of the season. Coming into tonight's contest, Reno (57-64) sits seven games behind Sacramento (64-57) in the Pacific Northern division with 19 remaining games in the season. However, with eight head-to-head matchups still scheduled in 2019, the Biggest Little City still has a chance to take the division. Connor Grey will start in game one of the series. He enters with an 0-0 record and 7.04 ERA over 7.2 innings out of the bullpen this season for Reno. He will be opposed by Sacramento's Burch Smith who will make his first start for the River Cats after being claimed off waivers from the Milwaukee Brewers on August 12.
$5.00 Standing Room Only Ticket *Available at Ticket Office Only
Coors Light Thirsty Thursday
Enjoy $2.00 12oz Coors Light drafts and 12oz premium beer options for $4.00. | Presented By Reno News & Review and Rock 104.5
Copa de la Diversión - Los Corazones de Reno
The milagro heart at the center symbolizes love, while "milagro" means "miracle" and can bring good luck to its wearer. By taking the field as Los Corazones de Reno, the club is pairing its love for the community with the passion of baseball within Latino culture. The chili peppers represent this connection, as well as the one between food, family, & and baseball. We invite all of Northern Nevada to join us for 4 special Copa de la Diversion nights at Greater Nevada Field! | Presented By Roberto's Taco Shop, KOLO 8 News Now & Juan 101.7
Game Highlight: Pride Night
HI35ORY: Kevin Cron became the Aces all-time home run king with his 56th career homer in the top of the first inning of Tuesday night's ballgame. He passed Mike Jacobs and Brandon Allen for the for the franchise record. It took Cron 172 career Triple-A games to break the record. Mike Jacobs played in 318 games for the Aces, Brandon Allen played in 228. Cron added his second big fly of the night in the fifth inning, and third dinger of the night in the seventh. He passed Las Vegas' Seth Brown for the 2019 Pacific Coast League lead.
It marked Cron's sixth multi-home run game of the season, and second three-homer game. Cron now has four three-homer games in his MiLB career. His five home runs against Oklahoma City were the most in a four-game series in his career. He hit six against the Tacoma Rainiers over a five-game series earlier this season. On the year, Cron is hitting .325 with 36 home runs, 95 RBIs, 73 runs scored with a .829 slugging percentage over 68 games played.
Hot DeLuzio: Reno is winners of 15 of their last 20 games. The only Ace to appear in all 20 games is Ben DeLuzio and he's been on fire. The Florida State alum is hitting .435 (3--for-69) over the span with two home runs, 15 RBIs, 26 runs scored, four triples, seven walks, and a .494 on-base percentage. His 26 runs scored and four triples lead the Pacific Coast League since July 23.
Ouch: Andy Young was plunked twice Tuesday against Oklahoma City bringing his season hit-by-pitch total to 27. Young in tied for second in all Minor League Baseball in the category. Seth Beer, who the Arizona Diamondbacks acquired for Zack Greinke at the trade deadline, leads MiLB with 30 HBP. Aces infielder, Wyatt Mathisen, is tied for seventh in the category with 19 HBP.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Sounds Stifle Chasers 4-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 'Cakes Win in Extras - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Chanclas Fall to Baby Cakes in Extras - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds Take Game One, Shutout Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Express Outshine Dodgers 5-3 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Ponce de Leon Charts Course with Series-Opening Shutout - Memphis Redbirds
- Palumbo Tosses Six No-Hit Innings in Sounds Win - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes vs. Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (53-66) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (52-69) - Nashville Sounds
- Ben Zobrist Suits up for Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (55-66) vs Iowa Cubs (66-55) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 15, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express Announce Full 2020 Schedule - Round Rock Express
- Getting Tough for a Playoff Push - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Food Bank of Northern Nevada
- Aces Tickets On-Sale Now, Promotional Schedule Released