Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Iowa Cubs
San Antonio Missions (62-39) vs. Iowa Cubs (56-45)
Game #102/Home Game #54
Monday July 23, 7:05 p.m.
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Zack Brown (2-6, 6.01) vs. LHP Cole Hamels (NR, --)
Home Hot Streak: The Missions are on an eight-game home winning streak, which is their longest such streak of the season after completing a pair of four-game sweeps in their last homestand. During their eight-game home winning streak the Missions are averaging 8.1 runs per game while hitting .350 (97-for-277) with 28 doubles, 13 home runs, and 13 stolen bases.
Cory vs. Iowa: So far this season, Missions utility man Cory Spangenberg has been a consistent force against the Iowa Cubs. He has hit safely in six of the seven games he has played against Iowa. In those games, he is batting .304 (7-for-23) with 4 runs, 3 doubles, a home run, 3 RBI, 3 walks, and 3 stolen bases. He also holds a .385 OBP against Iowa and an OPS of .950.
Happy to Have Hernán: After starting out 0-for-9 in his first two games with the Missions, Hernán Pérez has been a steady force in the lineup since July 7. Over that stretch, he has hit safely in 11 of 12 games. In those 12 games he is batting .319 (15-for-47) with 6 runs, 6 doubles, 1 home run, 6 RBI, and 5 walks. Since July 7, Pérez ranks third on the team with 15 hits, behind Spangenberg (17), and Grisham (21). Pérez leads the team with six doubles during this stretch. The team has benefitted from his hot hitting as well, as the Missions are 8-4 over their last 12 games.
Milestone Tracker: Multiple Missions players are closing on major milestones. Catcher David Freitas is currently four doubles away from 200 for his career. Reliever Deolis Guerra needs 3.2 innings to reach 1,000 for his MiLB career. Catcher Jacob Nottingham is seven hits away from 500 for his career. Lastly, infielder Travis Shaw currently sits six hits shy of 1,000 for his career.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING
From hometown boy to hometown hero, Blake Allemand of Boerne, TX is making big plays for @missionsmilb. Our @KoralRiggs4 had the chance to sit down with him. Tune in to @Sports2NiteTV on @kcwxtv tonight at 5:30 pm to hear about his journey!
Alex Cohen (@voiceofcohen)
After a needed off day for the @IowaCubs, 4x All-Star LHP Cole Hamels will start tonight on MLB Rehab in San Antonio against @missionsmilb. First pitch at 7:05 PM tonight. Listen in on @Praise_940 and iowacubs.com.
OF Tyrone Taylor reinstated from IL
RHP Zack Brown reinstated from IL
RHP Johan Belisario transferred from San Antonio to Biloxi
C David Freitas placed on temporary inactive list
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 23, 2019
- Bees Blowout Albuquerque with Team Record Eight Homers - Salt Lake Bees
- Storm Chasers Pop Express 9-2 - Round Rock Express
- Bees Overpower Isotopes in Series Opener - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Crush Sounds at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Surrenders Walkoff - Iowa Cubs
- Missions Rally in Ninth Inning to Defeat Iowa - San Antonio Missions
- Nogowski, Hauschild Headline 6-4 Memphis Win - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Rally Falls Short - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Hamels Makes Rehab Start for Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (42-58) vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers (46-54) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Iowa Cubs - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (41-60) vs New Orleans Baby Cakes (53-47) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 23, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Trying to Rebound from a Lost Weekend - San Antonio Missions
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.