Hamels Makes Rehab Start for Iowa
SAN ANTONIO, TX - Left-hander Cole Hamels is slated to make a rehab start for the Iowa Cubs tonight in San Antonio. First pitch from Nelson W. Wolff Stadium comes at 7:05 p.m. Hamels has been sidelined with a left oblique strain since June 29.
Hamels, 35, is 162-117 with a 3.38 ERA in 412 career games over 14 major league seasons. Among active left-handed pitchers, he ranks third in wins (162), second in games started (611) and second in strikeouts (2,512). Hamels has made at least 20 starts in 13-straight seasons.
The four-time All-Star is in his first full season with the Chicago Cubs after a mid-season trade in 2018 from Texas. He is 6-3 with a 2.98 ERA (33ER/99.2IP), 35 walks and 97 strikeouts in 17 2019 starts.
The lefty was originally drafted by Philadelphia 17th overall in the 2002 draft and helped lead the team to a World Series Championship in 2008.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 23, 2019
- Bees Blowout Albuquerque with Team Record Eight Homers - Salt Lake Bees
- Storm Chasers Pop Express 9-2 - Round Rock Express
- Bees Overpower Isotopes in Series Opener - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Crush Sounds at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Surrenders Walkoff - Iowa Cubs
- Missions Rally in Ninth Inning to Defeat Iowa - San Antonio Missions
- Nogowski, Hauschild Headline 6-4 Memphis Win - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Rally Falls Short - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Hamels Makes Rehab Start for Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (42-58) vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers (46-54) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Iowa Cubs - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (41-60) vs New Orleans Baby Cakes (53-47) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 23, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Trying to Rebound from a Lost Weekend - San Antonio Missions
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.