Bees Overpower Isotopes in Series Opener
Bees 17 (44-58), Isotopes 6 (44-58) - Smith's Ballpark - Salt Lake City, Utah
TOEING THE RUBBER: Isotopes pitchers surrendered a team record eight home runs to Bees with Tim Melville allowing five, Logan Cozart yielding two and James Pazos giving up one ... The five long balls Melville allowed tied the Isotopes single-game record established by Matt Blank on July 26, 2004 vs. Omaha ... The loss was Melville's fifth of the season as Salt Lake recorded nine runs and eight hits against him ... Cozart and Pazos combined to yield eight runs (five earned) in 3.1 innings while DJ Johnson tossed a scoreless eighth inning.
AT THE DISH: Josh Fuentes drove in four of the Isotopes six runs with a three-run homer in the sixth and a sacrifice fly in eighth. The home run was Fuentes' 12th as well as his first away from Isotopes Park in 2019 ... Roberto Ramos and Drew Butera were the only Isotopes to record multi-hit performances, both collecting two knocks ... Elliot Soto went 1-for-3 to extend his season-best hitting streak to 11 games.
TOPES TIDBITS: The eight home runs allowed surpassed the previous single-game high of seven from May 28, 2006 vs. Round Rock and Aug. 30, 2010 vs. Iowa ... Salt Lake's Jared Walsh hit three home runs on Tuesday. Walsh is the first opposing player to hit three home runs against the Isotopes since Ben Paulsen accomplished the feat for Colorado Springs on Aug. 23, 2014.
ON DECK: Albuquerque Isotopes at Salt Lake Bees, 6:35 p.m. MT, Smith's Ballpark
PROBABLES: Isotopes: RHP Rico Garcia (0-2, 8.64) Bees: RHP Matt Ball (0-1, 5.68)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 23, 2019
- Bees Blowout Albuquerque with Team Record Eight Homers - Salt Lake Bees
- Storm Chasers Pop Express 9-2 - Round Rock Express
- Bees Overpower Isotopes in Series Opener - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Crush Sounds at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Surrenders Walkoff - Iowa Cubs
- Missions Rally in Ninth Inning to Defeat Iowa - San Antonio Missions
- Nogowski, Hauschild Headline 6-4 Memphis Win - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cakes Rally Falls Short - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Hamels Makes Rehab Start for Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (42-58) vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers (46-54) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Iowa Cubs - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (41-60) vs New Orleans Baby Cakes (53-47) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 23, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Trying to Rebound from a Lost Weekend - San Antonio Missions
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.