Game Day Preview: Pats Continue Busy Weekend at Home to Edmonton Saturday
The Regina Pats (19-31-3-2) continue their busy weekend at home on Saturday night when they host the Edmonton Oil Kings (38-10-6-3). Puck drop is at 7:00 p.m. at the Brandt Centre. The Pats were last in action on Friday night when they fell 6-3 at home to the Saskatoon Blades. The Oil Kings were in Brandon on Friday and lost 5-2 to the Wheat Kings, snapping a three-game win streak. Tonight is the fourth and final meeting between Regina and Edmonton the Pats are 1-2-0-0 so far in the season series. The game can be heard with Bennett Dunlop Ford Pats Hockey starting at 6:35 p.m. on 620 CKRM .
Regular Season Comparison Regina Edmonton
Record 19-31-3-2 38-10-6-3
Goals For/Against 162/226 (-64) 212/149 (+63)
Powerplay 15.9% (36/226) 22.9% (51/223)
Penalty Kill 78.2% (194/248) 87.3% (186/213)
Team Save Percentage 0.879 0.911
Leading Scorer Austin Pratt (17-31-48) Riley Sawchuk (23-46-69)
Leading Scorer (Defence) Zach Wytinck (6-35-41) Matthew Robertson (13-27-40)
Scoring by Period (1st-2nd-3rd-OT-SO) 46-56-53-2-5 56-78-74-0-4
- The Pats are 4-5-1-0 in their last 10 games against Edmonton, winning once at home and three on the road.
- Regina is 8-4-2 in their last 14 home games.
- Austin Pratt leads the Pats with 14 points in 24 career games against Edmonton.
- Riley Krane had a career high four points the last time the Pats played the Oil Kings on February 14.
- The Pats are 4-5-0-0 in the month of February.
- Jakob Brook made his Pats debut on Friday, playing in his 100th WHL game.
- Ryker Evans also played in his 100th game in the WHL on Friday night.
- Cole Dubinsky had his third multi-point game of the season on Friday, fourth of his career.
Back on Top
Pats captain Austin Pratt has re-taken the team lead in scoring thanks to a goal and an assist on Friday night against Saskatoon. With the two points, Pratt moved past Robbie Holmes with 48 now on the year. Holmes has 47 points so far on the season. Pratt has recorded points in three straight games, scoring a goal and adding three assists in that span. For the season, the 20-year-old has 17 goals and 31 assists for 48 points. Three points shy of his previous career high of 51 points he set last year in 68 games.
Pats defenceman Ryker Evans and forward Jakob Brook both played in their 100th games of their WHL careers on Friday night against Saskatoon. Evans has spent his entire career with Regina, Brook reached the 100 game plateau in his first game with the Pats. Evans has put up seven goals and 38 points in his 100 games, 27 of those points have come in his 55 games this year. Brook has nine goals and 21 points in his career, all coming with the Prince Albert Raiders, he has three goals and nine points in 38 games this season.
Pats Approaching Notable Career Highlights
Zach Wytinck is 7 assists away from 100 in his WHL career.
Austin Pratt is 9 assists away from 100 in his WHL career.
Pratt is three points away from matching his previous career high in points for a season (51).
Carson Denomie is 10 games away from 200 in his WHL career.
Last Pats Game
The Regina Pats fell 6-3 to the Saskatoon Blades on Autism Awareness Night on Friday at the Brandt Centre. In the first, the Blades opened the scoring just over three minutes in on the powerplay thanks to Tristen Robins. Chase Wouters added a shorthanded goal at 7:03 and it was 2-0 Saskatoon. Regina got one back on the powerplay at the 10:22 mark, Logan Nijhoff with his 13th and it was 2-1 after one. In the second, Saskatoon went up 3-1 at the 6:10 mark. The Pats came back with a goal from Zack Smith, his 11th and then 16 seconds later Austin Pratt picked up his 17th and it was a tie game. The Blades got the lead back late in the period on a goal from Riley McKay and it was 4-3 after forty minutes. In the third, it stayed a one goal game until the 16:49 mark when Alex Morozoff scored for Saskatoon to make it a 5-3 game. The Blades added an empty netter in the dying seconds and took the two points in a 6-3 final.
Last Pats Game Vs Edmonton
February 14, 2020 - Riley Krane and Robbie Holmes each had four points to lead the Pats to a 5-3 win in Edmonton. The Oil Kings were led by Ethan McIndoe who had two assists. Donovan Buskey made 36 saves for Regina, Sebastian Cossa 20 for Edmonton.
Last 10 Games Vs Opponent
February 14, 2020 - Regina 5 @ Edmonton 3
December 1, 2019 - Regina 1 @ Edmonton 7
October 8, 2019 - Edmonton 5 @ Regina 3
February 15, 2019 - Edmonton 0 @ Regina 4
February 10, 2019 - Regina 2 @ Edmonton 5
December 5, 2018 - Regina 1 @ Edmonton 6
November 2, 2018 - Edmonton 5 @ Regina 1
Mach 4, 2018 - Regina 7 @ Edmonton 4
January 10, 2018 - Edmonton 4 @ Regina 3 OT
October 29, 2017 - Regina 5 @ Edmonton 3
Pats Leaders Vs Edmonton (Career)
Austin Pratt - 24 GP, 6G, 8A, 14 PTS.
Robbie Holmes - 11 GP, 4G, 7A, 11 PTS.
Riley Krane - 7 GP, 3G, 3A, 6 PTS
Carson Denomie - 7 GP, 1G, 4A, 5 PTS..
Logan Nijhoff - 7 GP, 3G, 0A, 3 PTS.
Donovan Buskey - 3 GP, 2-1-0-0, 15 GA.
Individual Streaks (Active)
Austin Pratt - 3 games (1G, 3A).
Individual Streaks (Recent)
Zach Wytinck - 6 games, January 24 - February 8 (1G, 6A).
Robbie Holmes - 5 games, January 24 - February 8 (3G, 6A).
Ryker Evans - 5 games January 26 - February 8 (1G, 7A).
Pats Vs Brandon - Sunday February 23, 4 p.m. - Brandt Centre (CKRM)
Pats Vs Medicine Hat - Friday February 28, 7 p.m. - Brandt Centre (CKRM)
Pats @ Medicine Hat - Saturday February 29, 7 p.m. - Canalta Centre (CKRM)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2020
- Chiefs' Road Streak Reaches Four in 2-1 Win at Tigers - Spokane Chiefs
- Dante Giannuzzi Ties Career High 30 Saves in Seattle - Portland Winterhawks
- Williams Buries Last Minute OT Winner to Lift Oil Kings to 2-1 Win over Pats - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Blades Smoke Broncos for 30th Win of the Season - Saskatoon Blades
- Special Teams Spark Raiders to Win in Brandon - Prince Albert Raiders
- Broncos Drop Tough Road Game in Saskatoon - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats Fall in OT Duel to Edmonton - Regina Pats
- Game Day Hub: Saturday, February 22 vs Swift Current - Saskatoon Blades
- Game Day Hub: February 22 - Portland Winterhawks
- Game 57 vs Spokane - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Saturday, February 22 at Kamloops - Calgary Hitmen
- Wheat Kings Dump Oil Kings Friday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game Day Preview: Pats Continue Busy Weekend at Home to Edmonton Saturday - Regina Pats
- Giants Erase a Three-Goal Third Period Deficit to Earn 11th Straight Win - Vancouver Giants
- Cougars Streaking in Wrong Direction - Prince George Cougars
- Royals Fall Short to Rockets - Victoria Royals
- Silvertips Stay on Track with Eighth Straight Win - Everett Silvertips
- Hitmen Tripped by Giants Rally - Calgary Hitmen
- Americans Defeated 4-2 in Medicine Hat - Tri-City Americans
- Portland Becomes the First WHL Club to Reach 40 Wins - Portland Winterhawks
- Rockets win in Mallette's debut - Kelowna Rockets
- Tigers Clinch Playoff Spot by Defeating Americans 4-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Winterhawks Skate Past T-Birds - Seattle Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Regina Pats Stories
- Pats 2020-21 Season Tickets Now on Sale
- 30 Former Pats Use WHL Scholarships in 2019-20 Academic Year
- Pats Make Nine Selections in 2020 WHL Bantam Draft
- Pats Acquire Philadelphia Flyers Prospect Goaltender Roddy Ross from Seattle
- Pats Sign 2020 First Overall Pick Connor Bedard