Fuel Receive Reinforcements Ahead of Weekend Series
INDIANAPOLIS - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs announced Thursday afternoon that they have reassigned forward Radovan Bondra and defensemen Neil Manning and Josh McArdle to the ECHL's Indy Fuel. In a separate move, the Fuel acquired forward Jordy Stallard from the Allen Americans in exchange for the playing rights to defenseman Garrett Clarke. Indy begins a home-and-home series with the Cincinnati Cyclones Friday night at U.S. Bank Arena, before returning to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for a rematch on Saturday.
Bondra, 21, saw action in two games for the IceHogs following his recall on Oct. 31. In three contests with the Fuel this season, the rookie has one goal, scored in Indy's 5-3 loss to Idaho on Oct. 30. A native of Trebisov, Slovakia, Bondra played in 11 games with Fuel in 2017-18 before suffering a season-ending injury, picking up one goal and eight penalty minutes.
Manning, 27, dressed in a pair of games with Rockford after he and fellow defenseman Josh McArdle were recalled on Nov. 4. The blueliner from Nanaimo, British Columbia is tied for the Fuel's scoring lead among defensemen with two goals and four assists in nine games played - finding the scoresheet in five of his last six outings. A third year pro, Manning spent the previous two season skating in Italy's Alps Hockey League (AlpsHL), collecting 56 points (11g, 45a) in 78 total games with Cortina and Fassa.
McArdle, 24, made his AHL debut for the IceHogs on Nov. 4 in Iowa, and has picked up two penalty minutes in two games. The rookie blueliner from Roscoe, Ill. has skated in eight games for the Fuel, tallying nine penalty minutes and a +1 rating. A graduate of Brown University, McArdle tallied two goals and four assists as a senior in 2017-18 - one of only two Brown Bear defensemen to appear in all 31 games. Over his four-year collegiate career, the native of Roscoe, Ill. compiled four goals and 21 assists in 120 NCAA contests.
Stallard, 21, has two assists and two penalty minutes in 11 games played with the Americans to start the season. The rookie forward from Brandon, Manitoba registered his first professional point in Wichita on Oct. 13. Last season Stallard led the Western Hockey League's Prince Albert Raiders in scoring with 98 points in 72 games (44g, 47a), his 44 goals tying for 10th most in the WHL. Over his four-year junior career, the fifth round selection of the Winnipeg Jets in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft (No. 127 Overall) racked up 203 points (85g, 118a) across 238 games with Prince Albert and the Calgary Hitmen.
Single-game tickets are now on sale for the Fuel's 5th anniversary season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2018-19 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 9, 2018
- Fast Start Propels Oilers to Victory over Steelheads - Tulsa Oilers
- Early Hole Dooms Thunder in 6-3 Loss to Utah - Wichita Thunder
- Americans Drop Second in a Row to KC - Allen Americans
- Everblades Continue to be Trouble for IceMen - Jacksonville IceMen
- Nailers Pounce on Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cyclones Motor Past Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Fuel Edged by Cyclones in First Half of Home-And-Home Set - Indy Fuel
- Kalamazoo Falls to Walleye on Friday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- St-Amant Walks off with OT Winner as Mariners Sweep Road Trip - Maine Mariners
- Mavericks Overcome Slow Start in Fifth-Straight Win - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nogard and Barone Lead Admirals Past Atlanta - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Return to Winning Ways with a 3-2 Shootout Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals F MacDonald Ties Game with Half a Second Left, Thunder Win in Shootout, 3-2 - Reading Royals
- Growlers Beat Manchester, Extend Win Streak - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers Have An Achy Breaky Heart After 3-2 Overtime Loss on Country Night - Worcester Railers HC
- Nailers Score Five in First Home Win of Season - Wheeling Nailers
- Slow Start Hinders Glads in 4-1 Loss in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Growlers Double up Monarchs, 4-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- David Kolomatis Becomes All-Time Franchise Point Leader - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - November 9 - ECHL
- Details for Nickelodeon Takeover Night with the Ninja Turtles Announced - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Gladiators at Admirals, November 9, 2018 - Norfolk Admirals
- Fuel Receive Reinforcements Ahead of Weekend Series - Indy Fuel
- Royals Game Day: Royals Seek Road Resurgence at Adirondack - Reading Royals
- Americans Acquire Garrett Clarke's Rights from Indy for Jordy Stallard - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Day: Everblades vs. Jacksonville - November 9 - Florida Everblades
- Game Day: Wings to Wear Military Appreciation Jerseys All Weekend Long - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Kansas City at Allen - Allen Americans
- Nailers vs. Swamp Rabbits Game Day Snap Shot, November 9 - Wheeling Nailers
- Wings Announce 2018-19 Leadership Group - Kalamazoo Wings
- Lightning Reassign Matthew Spencer to Solar Bears from Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Park Inn by Radisson-Toledo Named Host Hotel of 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Weekend - ECHL
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Take 4-Game Win Streak to Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals Unveil First-Ever 3-D Hockey Jersey for November 17 Game - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.