Former Thunder Bay Border Cat Jacob Robson Debuts with the Tigers
August 13, 2021 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) News Release
Rochester, Minn. - Former Thunder Bay Border Cat Jacob Robson, made his Major League debut for the Detroit Tigers on Thursday, August 12, 2021. Robson is the 268th former Northwoods League player to reach the Major League level.
Robson, who played collegiately at Mississippi State University, played for the Thunder Bay Border Cats in 2014. He was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 8th round of the 2016 MLB draft.
In 2014 with the Border Cats, Robson played in 19 games and hit .254 with a double and 13 runs scored. He drove in seven, stole 12 bases and walked 18 times.
Robson spent five seasons in the Tigers Minor League system. He played in 472 games and hit .293 with 31 home runs, 98 doubles and 19 triples. He also stole 96 bases and drove in 188 runs.
Robson was hitting .275 with the AAA East Toledo Mud Hens prior to his call-up to the Tigers. He had begun the year with the Erie Seawolves in the AA-Northeast League. After 18 games he was promoted to Toledo. For the season he was hitting .316 with seven home runs, 18 doubles and four triples. He had driven in 33, scored 46 times and stolen 17 bases.
In his Major League debut against the Baltimore Orioles, Robson entered the game in the 6th inning as a pinch-hitter for Grayson Greiner. He would then enter the game on defense in left field and finish the game 0 for 2 at the plate.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 13, 2021
- Offensive Explosion Blasts Lakeshore over the Booyah - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Stingers End Express' Playoff Hopes with 17-2 Win - Willmar Stingers
- Honkers Fall in Opener in Final Series of the Summer - Rochester Honkers
- Huskies Nearly Comeback against the Larks; Clinch Playoffs with Express Loss - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Overpower Woodchucks, in Final Away Game - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rox Shut out Mud Puppies, Win 50 Games for First Time in Franchise History - St. Cloud Rox
- Booyah Fall to Chinooks at Home - Green Bay Rockers
- Rivets Knock Around Kingfish for 15-5 Win - Rockford Rivets
- Pender Deals in Final Outing, MoonDogs Upend Honkers 6-4 at ISG Field - Mankato MoonDogs
- Mallards Dominate Fondy 11-1, Set up Elimination Game Tomorrow - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Fall in Regular Season Home Finale - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Patterson, Defense, Lead to 7-4 Win over Traverse City - Battle Creek Bombers
- Pit Spitters Lose to Bombers, Will Host Game 1 of Playoffs - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Logan Lee Named to Postseason All-Star Team - Green Bay Rockers
- Higgins Named Named Co-MVP, Reilly Brothers Garner Postseason All-Star Honors - Mankato MoonDogs
- Mallards Host Fond du Lac to Start Must-Win Series - Madison Mallards
- Three Bucks Named to NWL Postseason All-Star Team - Waterloo Bucks
- Booyah Open Final Series of Season - Green Bay Rockers
- Former Thunder Bay Border Cat Jacob Robson Debuts with the Tigers - Northwoods
- Northwoods League Announces 2021 Postseason All-Star Team. Adam Wheaton Makes Team - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Simpson Named NWL Co-MVP, Loftin Selected to Postseason All-Star Team - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Northwoods League Announces 2021 Postseason All-Star Team - Northwoods
- Former Thunder Bay Border Cat Debuts with Detroit Tigers - Thunder Bay Border Cats
- Long Ball Pushes Huskies to Sweep - Duluth Huskies
- Woodchucks Lose Extra-Inning Thriller - Wisconsin Woodchucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.