Flames Recall Alexander Yelesin
The Calgary Flames announce today they have recalled defenseman Alexander Yelesin from the Stockton Heat of the American Hockey League.
Yelesin, a native of Yaroslavl, Russia was signed by the Flames on May 10, 2019 after spending the last two seasons in the KHL with the Yaroslavl Lokomotiv. He has a career 109 games in the KHL with eight goals and 11 assists for 19 points. The right-shot defenceman was named to the KHL All-Star game during the 2018-19 season. In his first season in North America, Yelesin has recorded four points in 29 games for the Stockton Heat.
ALEXANDER YELESIN - DEFENSE
BORN: Yaroslavl, RUS DATE: February 7, 1996
HEIGHT: 6'0" WEIGHT: 195 lbs.
ACQUIRED: Signed as a free agent on May 10, 2019
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2020
- Roadrunners Weekly: January 13 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Edged 2-1 by Heat Despite Late Push - San Jose Barracuda
- Czarnik, Zagidulin Guide Heat to Weekend Sweep of San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Rampage Close Weekend with Loss to Marlies - San Antonio Rampage
- Rocket Try to Rally Past Sound Tigers, Fall 6-4 - Laval Rocket
- Koivula's first hat trick vaults Bridgeport to a season-high six goals in win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Goalies Post Back-To-Back Shutouts - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Complete Weekend Sweep, Defeat Springfield Thunderbirds, 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- Binghamton Rallies for 6-5 Win over Syracuse - Binghamton Devils
- Monsters Felled by Phantoms Late, 2-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Topped by Devils, 6-5, in Shootout - Syracuse Crunch
- T-Birds Can't Climb Back in Providence vs. Bruins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Rangers Recall Phillip Di Giuseppe from Hartford, Assign Steven Fogarty - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Flames Recall Alexander Yelesin - Stockton Heat
- Amerks Recall Luukkonen from Cyclones - Rochester Americans
- Florida Panthers Recall G Sam Montembeault on Emergency Conditions - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Pickard Recalled - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flyers Loan Kase to Lehigh Valley and Recall Bunnaman - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Boat Show Road Trip Rolls Through San Antonio - Toronto Marlies
- Stockton, San Jose Face off Sunday at the SAP Center - Stockton Heat
- Phantoms Recall David Drake from Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rocket Unable to Solve Phantoms' Lyon, Shutout 2-0 - Laval Rocket
- Roadrunners Win Parks, First American Hockey League Start - Tucson Roadrunners
- Frk's Tally Not Enough for Reign - Ontario Reign
- Iowa Defeated by Bakersfield 5-2 - Iowa Wild
- Gulls Breeze by Ontario, 6-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Rally Past Iowa, 5-2, to Start Homestand - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.