Five Straight for Everblades
ESTERO, Fla. - After the Orlando Solar Bears (11-9-1-0) took an early lead, the Florida Everblades (17-5-0-1) scored three consecutive goals to earn their fifth straight win in 3-2 fashion Wednesday night at Hertz Arena.
FIRST STAR: Stefan LeBlanc (FLA) - one goal, three shots, +2
SECOND STAR: Luke Nogard (FLA) - one goal, three shots
THIRD STAR: Aaron Luchuk (ORL) - one goal, one assist, +2
Orlando's Tristin Langan drew first blood almost seven minutes into the first period (6:41). Then with three minutes left in the opening frame, Florida defenseman Stefan LeBlanc tied the game at 1-1 when he circled the entire Solar Bear zone and tucked the puck past Orlando's Clint Windsor in net (16:56).
Over six minutes into the second period, the Everblades took their first lead of the night. Following clean passes from Alex Kile and Marcus Vela, Luke Nogard blasted a wrist shot into the top right corner of the net to spot Florida a 2-1 advantage (6:21).
Later in the second, Michael Huntebrinker gave Florida a 3-1 edge on his league-leading 13th goal of the season after Mason Mitchell set the table from below the goalline (13:24). Mitchell fed Huntebrinker in front of the net, and the league's goal-scoring leader lifted the puck into the top of the net.
With less than five minutes left in the second stanza, Orlando's Aaron Luchuk got to a loose puck in front of Devin Cooley and scored to cut the Everblades' lead to 3-2 (15:13).
The Everblades closed out a scoreless third period and earned their fifth straight win of the season. Goaltender Devin Cooley made 26 saves on 28 Orlando shots to claim the sixth victory of his rookie campaign.
The Everblades are back in action against the Orlando Solar Bears on Friday, Feb. 19 at Hertz Arena. Enjoy 239 Fridays! Fans can purchase two Premium Level seats, two boxes of candy, one large popcorn, and two autographed programs for just $39! Take advantage of the 239 Fridays online only offer at FloridaEverblades.com/239. Also, the first 2,500 fans receive a free mask, courtesy of Millennium Physician Group. In addition, kids 12 and under eat free with purchase of an adult entree at Breakaway Sports Pub, located inside Hertz Arena. Find tickets for the game on Feb. 19 HERE.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2021
- Four Goals Gives Indy Win in First Meeting with Komets - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears drop 3-2 decision to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Five Straight for Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Friday and Saturday Mavericks at Allen Games Postponed - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Games this Weekend with Kansas City Postponed - Allen Americans
- Oilers Postpone February 17 Game - Tulsa Oilers
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- Thunder Announces Several Roster Moves - Wichita Thunder
- 300 Additional Tickets for Sale for Komets Home Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- Blades Have Eyes on Fifth Straight - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.