Fisher Cats Drop Homestand Finale, 7-1, on Sunday Afternoon
Manchester, NH - The New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays Double-A affiliate) took a 7-1 loss to the Hartford Yard Goats (Colorado Rockies) on Sunday afternoon at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium.
The Fisher Cats' run came in the fourth inning, on an RBI double from Brock Lundquist. He had two doubles on the day, accounting for two of New Hampshire's five hits.
The 'Cats were held at bay by Rico Garcia (W, 3-0), who allowed just three hits over seven innings with no walks and seven strikeouts. LHP Zach Logue (L, 2-2) kept the game close with four runs surrendered in six innings, but was ultimately outdueled on Sunday.
Hartford scored once in the first on an RBI single by Colton Welker, who doubled and scored in the fourth to make it a 2-0 ballgame. Lundquist's double in the fourth brought New Hampshire within a run, but the Yard Goats would score four unanswered runs to close out the game.
A Vince Fernandez RBI triple and an Alan Trejo RBI single extended the lead to 5-1 in the sixth. Hartford manufactured a run in each of the final two innings to cap the scoring at 7-1.
Jonny Cheshire pitched well in relief of Logue, recording a 1-2-3 seventh inning with one strikeout.
After an off day on Monday, the Fisher Cats will travel to Portland to take on the Sea Dogs (Boston Red Sox) on Tuesday at Hadlock Field. The team returns to Northeast Delta Dental Stadium on Monday, May 13 for a three-game series with the Reading Fightin' Phils (Philadelphia Phillies). For tickets, visit NHFisherCats.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 5, 2019
- R-Phils sweep doubleheader from 'Ducks to get to four games over for first time - Reading Fightin Phils
- Baysox Bats Remain Silent in 5-0 Defeat - Bowie Baysox
- Fightin Phils Complete Doubleheader Sweep over RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Kaczmarski Helps Ponies Get DH Split in Grand Style - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- 'Dogs and Ponies Split Twinbill - Portland Sea Dogs
- Fisher Cats Drop Homestand Finale, 7-1, on Sunday Afternoon - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Pinata's Pummel Fantasmas on Cinco de Mayo, Take Series with 5-0 Shutout - Erie SeaWolves
- Yard Goats Win Third Straight Game to Take Series - Hartford Yard Goats
- Curve Denied Sweep of Squirrels on Sunday - Altoona Curve
- Thunder and Senators Postponed Sunday - Trenton Thunder
- Senators and Trenton Thunder Postponed Sunday Afternoon - Harrisburg Senators
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Bowie Baysox - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Game Notes May 5th vs. Binghamton (DH) - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #25 - Rumble Ponies (15-9) vs. Sea Dogs (8-17) - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- Granite State Baseball Dinner Donation Total Surpasses $1.8 Million Since 2007
- Cesar Martin Named New Fisher Cats Manger
- Fisher Cats to Host Trick-Or-Treat at the Ballpark October 27
- The Rivalry: Red Sox - Yankees Greats Highlight Granite State Baseball Dinner
- Fisher Cats Win Home Finale with Back-To-Back Homers and Terrific Pitching