FC Dallas Visits Vancouver Tomorrow. Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know
FC Dallas (5-5-3, 18 points) faces Vancouver Whitecaps FC (3-6-5, 14 points) on Saturday, May 25 at 6PM CT at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, BC. It will be the first of two meetings between the clubs this season. Dallas hosts Vancouver at Toyota Stadium on Wednesday, June 26.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #VANvFCD
TV: 6PM CT on Texas 21
Radio: 6PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270AM (Spanish)
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday, June 1 at 7 PM CT
Dallas Mayor Mike Rawling scheduled to scarf at 6:30PM
5 Things to Know About #VANvFCD
FC Dallas will be without defender Matt Hedges on Saturday after he received a red card for a foul on LAFC's Carlos Vela in Dallas' last match. This will be the first game under Luchi Gonzalez that Hedges won't be available. He has started all 13 games this season. Hedges has been a crucial part of Dallas' backline, having made the second most successful passes in his own half in all of MLS.
FC Dallas' Luchi Gonzalez and Vancouver's Marc Dos Santos are both in the midst of their first-ever MLS head coaching jobs. The pair have adapted well to the competitive level of the league so far, leading their teams to sixth and ninth place in the Western Conference, respectively.
On This Day
FC Dallas is 3-1-1 in games played on May 25. The Dallas Burn and Columbus Crew played to a 1-1 draw in 2002. FC Dallas defeated the Seattle Sounders 1-0 in 2011 and the San Jose Earthquakes by the same scoreline in 2013. FC Dallas then lost to the Chicago Fire 2-1 in 2017, but beat Toronto FC exactly one year later by 1-0.
FC Dallas is 10-5-5 against the Whitecaps all time with 27 goals scored and 22 conceded. In Vancouver, Dallas has a record of 3-4-4 (11 goals scored, 14 conceded).
The Whitecaps experienced a tough start to the season posting four losses and two draws before they earned their first three points with a 1-0 win over LAFC in April. Although Vancouver registered back-to-back wins at the beginning of the month, it has gone winless in its last three games including two draws with Sporting Kansas City and New York Red Bulls.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 24, 2019
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Orlando City SC 0 - Friday, May 24, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City Fall to the LA Galaxy 1-0 - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Travel to Twin Cities for Inaugural Visit to Allianz Field - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire Midfielder/Defender Raheem Edwards Available for Selection - Chicago Fire
- Six Red Bulls Named for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Colorado Rapids Tomorrow to Finish Two-Match Road Stretch - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC to Sign Special Olympics Washington Unified Sports Team on Tuesday, May 28 - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Visits Vancouver Tomorrow. Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Saturday's Match at H-E-B Park - Houston Dynamo
- Larry Sunderland Tabbed First Director of Player Development - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Announce Departure of Youth Technical Director Larry Sunderland - Portland Timbers
- RBNY Returns to Cincinnati for First Time Since Open Cup Semis - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.