RBNY Returns to Cincinnati for First Time Since Open Cup Semis
HARRISON, N.J. - Having faced one another a month ago, the New York Red Bulls (5-5-3, 18 pts) and FC Cincinnati (3-8-2, 11 pts) will conclude their home-and-home series on Saturday at Nippert Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET with coverage on MSG, MSG Go, and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 6:30 p.m. ET with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Ernesto Motta will carry the Spanish play-by-play, beginning at 7 p.m.
New York and FC Cincinnati will meet for the second time this season as the Red Bulls took the inaugural MLS match, 1-0 on Saturday, April 27 at Red Bull Arena. Morristown, N.J., native Connor Lade scored the lone goal in the 38th minute to snap the club's five-match winless streak. Since then, the Red Bulls have gone 3-1-1 and moved into fifth place in the East, while Cincinnati has tallied a 1-3-0 mark and sit at the bottom of the Eastern Conference.
The last time the Red Bulls and FC Cincinnati played at Nippert Stadium they had quite the thriller when these two teams met up in the 2017 U.S. Open Cup Semifinals. Cincinnati opened up the scoring with two goals in the first 62 minutes of action from Corben Bone and former defender Austin Berry. New York responded with substitute Gonzalo Veron cutting the deficit to one in the 75th minute before Bradley Wright-Phillips sent home the equalizer three minutes later. Eleven minutes into extra time, BWP completed his brace to help New York move on to the Open Cup Final.
Brian White has produced for the Red Bulls offense while Bradley Wright-Phillips has been out since coming on as substitute to help New York earn a draw at Sporting Kansas City. White has tallied a team-best three goals and one assist in 419 minutes of MLS action. The Flemington, New Jersey, native tallied his first career MLS assist against FC Cincinnati last month.
New York hosts two of their next three matches in June, beginning with Real Salt Lake for Fireworks Night on Saturday, June 1 at Red Bull Arena. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m. ET with coverage on MSG, MSG Go and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 24, 2019
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Orlando City SC 0 - Friday, May 24, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City Fall to the LA Galaxy 1-0 - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Travel to Twin Cities for Inaugural Visit to Allianz Field - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire Midfielder/Defender Raheem Edwards Available for Selection - Chicago Fire
- Six Red Bulls Named for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Colorado Rapids Tomorrow to Finish Two-Match Road Stretch - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC to Sign Special Olympics Washington Unified Sports Team on Tuesday, May 28 - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Visits Vancouver Tomorrow. Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Saturday's Match at H-E-B Park - Houston Dynamo
- Larry Sunderland Tabbed First Director of Player Development - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Announce Departure of Youth Technical Director Larry Sunderland - Portland Timbers
- RBNY Returns to Cincinnati for First Time Since Open Cup Semis - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Knocked out of MLS Cup Playoffs; Fall to Columbus, 3-2
- New York Travels to Columbus for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Matchup
- New York Red Bulls Players and Pediatric Patients Virtually Design Posters to Mark Five-Year Anniversary of Tackle Kids Cancer
- New York Red Bulls to Face Columbus Crew SC in 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Red Bulls Defeat Toronto, 2-1; Clinch 6th Seed in East