Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Saturday's Match at H-E-B Park
HOUSTON - The Houston Dynamo have loaned goalkeeper Michael Nelson to Rio Grande Valley FC for their match against San Antonio FC on Saturday at 7:30 p.m., the club announced today.
This is the second Copa Tejas match for RGV FC this season after a 2-2 draw with El Paso Locomotive FC on March 23. The Copa Tejas will be awarded at the end of the 2019 USL Championship regular season to the Texas team with the best head-to-head record among the four clubs competing (Austin Bold FC, El Paso Locomotive FC, RGV FC and San Antonio FC).
Nelson has recorded a 1-2-0 record in his three appearances with RGV FC this season and has made 10 saves. The goalkeeper made his season debut on the road in Tulsa on March 29, joined the Toros in a 5-2 victory over Las Vegas Lights FC on April 20, and started in a 3-1 defeat at Phoenix Rising FC.
RGV FC goes into Saturday's match with a 3-4-4 record overall and 2-1-2 mark at H-E-B Park. San Antonio FC are 3-5-3 on the year and 0-4-0 on the road. The two sides drew both of their matches last year, 0-0 in Edinburg and 1-1 in San Antonio to close the season.
Saturday's match will be streamed live on ESPN+ beginning at 7:30 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 24, 2019
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Orlando City SC 0 - Friday, May 24, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City Fall to the LA Galaxy 1-0 - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Travel to Twin Cities for Inaugural Visit to Allianz Field - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire Midfielder/Defender Raheem Edwards Available for Selection - Chicago Fire
- Six Red Bulls Named for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Colorado Rapids Tomorrow to Finish Two-Match Road Stretch - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC to Sign Special Olympics Washington Unified Sports Team on Tuesday, May 28 - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Visits Vancouver Tomorrow. Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Saturday's Match at H-E-B Park - Houston Dynamo
- Larry Sunderland Tabbed First Director of Player Development - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Announce Departure of Youth Technical Director Larry Sunderland - Portland Timbers
- RBNY Returns to Cincinnati for First Time Since Open Cup Semis - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Houston Dynamo and Rio Grande Valley FC among seven teams in Texas to compete in new MLS initiative
- Houston Dash to Conduct Voluntary Individual Workouts this Afternoon, Dynamo to Begin Thursday
- Houston Dynamo Fall to FC Dallas in eMLS Tournament
- MLS, Houston Dynamo to Begin Individual Player Workouts May 6
- Dynamo Classic Rewind Looks at Fourth MLS Conference Title in Club History