Chicago Fire Midfielder/Defender Raheem Edwards Available for Selection
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club announced today that midfielder/defender Raheem Edwards is available for selection. Edwards, 23, was previously diagnosed with a second degree Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) sprain on April 3.
Additionally, the Fire announced today that midfielder/defender Diego Campos has been loaned to USL League One side Lansing Ignite FC. The Fire retains the right to recall Campos at any point during the MLS regular season, subject to MLS roster compliance guidelines. Campos, 23, joins goalkeeper Stefan Cleveland and defender Grant Lillard, who were loaned to Lansing on May 16.
The Men in Red will return to SeatGeek Stadium this weekend when the team hosts New York City FC on Saturday, May 25. Scheduled to begin at 2:30 p.m. CT, the match, presented by AT&T, will be nationally televised on Univision (Spanish) and Twitter (English) and transmitted locally on Univision Radio WRTO AM 1200 (Spanish).
Transaction: Midfielder/defender Raheem Edwards has been removed from the Injured List. Midfielder/defender Diego Campos has been loaned to Lansing Ignite FC on May 24, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 24, 2019
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Orlando City SC 0 - Friday, May 24, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City Fall to the LA Galaxy 1-0 - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Travel to Twin Cities for Inaugural Visit to Allianz Field - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire Midfielder/Defender Raheem Edwards Available for Selection - Chicago Fire
- Six Red Bulls Named for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Colorado Rapids Tomorrow to Finish Two-Match Road Stretch - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC to Sign Special Olympics Washington Unified Sports Team on Tuesday, May 28 - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Visits Vancouver Tomorrow. Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Saturday's Match at H-E-B Park - Houston Dynamo
- Larry Sunderland Tabbed First Director of Player Development - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Announce Departure of Youth Technical Director Larry Sunderland - Portland Timbers
- RBNY Returns to Cincinnati for First Time Since Open Cup Semis - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 17, 2019
- Chicago Fire Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic Added to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Falls 2-1 to Saint Louis FC in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 10, 2019
- U.S. Soccer Announces Venue Change for Chicago Fire - Saint Louis FC Fourth Round Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match