Six Red Bulls Named for International Duty
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls have six players who have received call-ups from their respective national teams. Five Red Bulls will be on their way to Gold Cup camps, while Kaku will be a part of Paraguay's Copa America roster.
Aaron Long receives his sixth consecutive camp invite, and most recently captained the U.S. Men's National Team twice in January. The 26-year-old broke onto the international scene with the USMNT last Fall shortly before being named the MLS Defender of the Year. Team USA will have an International Friendly against Jamaica on June 5 in Washington D.C. before their preparation for the 2019 Gold Cup.
Kyle Duncan, 21, is one of 21 Under-23 players to earn a call into the USMNT Gold Cup camp. This will be Duncan's first senior team camp call-up and first call up for the U.S. since his U-18 debut in December of 2014 against Germany's U-18 side.
Kemar Lawrence will rejoin the Reggae Boyz for redemption in the Gold Cup tournament. Lawrence, who has featured 49 times for Jamaica since 2013, has helped his national team reach the finals of the Gold Cup in each of the last two tournaments (2015, '17). Offensively, he has recorded one goal and four assists while starting and playing the full 90 in all 12 previous Gold Cup matches. Lawrence has also anchored Jamaica's backline to six clean sheets in Gold Cup action.
New York Red Bulls II defender Jordan Scarlett also earned a call-up to Jamaica's preliminary Gold Cup roster. Scarlett has played and started the full 90 in nine NYRB II matches. He has helped anchor a Red Bulls II backline to two clean sheets.
Kaku will join the Paraguayan National team for their preparation of the 2019 Copa America. Kaku made his debut for Paraguay last June in a Friendly against Japan, and most recently earned his third cap in an international friendly against Mexico on March 27. The 2019 Copa America is set to get under way on June 14 and it will run for three weeks until the final on July 7. Group games will finish on June 24 and there will be a three-day break before knockout fixtures are played from June 27.
Derrick Etienne Jr., a native of Jamestown, New Jersey, was named to the final 23-man Haiti National team roster for the 2019 Gold Cup. The New York midfielder has been a mainstay with Haiti since 2016, accruing six starts in 11 caps with three goals and one assist in 586 minutes played.
Michael Amir Murillo, a member of Panama's 2018 World Cup squad, will reunite with Los Canaleros for their 2019 Gold Cup preliminary roster camp. Murillo has become a regular for Panama since making his debut in March of 2016. Murillo featured in the 2017 Gold Cup and started two of Panama's matches in Russia last Summer. He is one of four MLS players on Panama's 40-man roster.
The 2019 Gold Cup Group Stage runs through June 26 and there will be a three-day break before knockout matches that are played from June 29 through July 7.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 24, 2019
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Orlando City SC 0 - Friday, May 24, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City Fall to the LA Galaxy 1-0 - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Travel to Twin Cities for Inaugural Visit to Allianz Field - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire Midfielder/Defender Raheem Edwards Available for Selection - Chicago Fire
- Six Red Bulls Named for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Colorado Rapids Tomorrow to Finish Two-Match Road Stretch - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC to Sign Special Olympics Washington Unified Sports Team on Tuesday, May 28 - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Visits Vancouver Tomorrow. Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Saturday's Match at H-E-B Park - Houston Dynamo
- Larry Sunderland Tabbed First Director of Player Development - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Announce Departure of Youth Technical Director Larry Sunderland - Portland Timbers
- RBNY Returns to Cincinnati for First Time Since Open Cup Semis - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Kemar Lawrence Named to Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target
- ACF Fiorentina Replaces AS Roma in 2019 International Champions Cup
- Red Bulls Drop out of Open Cup, Fall to New England, 3-2 in OT
- New York Red Bulls Add Rece Buckmaster on Short-Term Agreement
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Host New England in Fourth Round Open Cup Match