LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Orlando City SC 0 - Friday, May 24, 2019
- In their 14th game of the season, the LA Galaxy broke a four-game losing streak with a 1-0 win over Orlando City SC in Orlando.
- The result moves the Galaxy to 8-5-1 with 25 points through 14 matches on the season.
- Jonathan dos Santos tallied his second goal of the season. He has recorded four goals and ten assists for the Galaxy in 47 career appearances.
- David Bingham recorded his first penalty kick save of the season with a stop against Nani in the 32nd minute.
- Bingham's six saves tied a season high. He also recorded six saves in the Galaxy's previous win, April 28 vs. Real Salt Lake at Dignity Health Sports Park.
- Tonight's shutout marks the first for the LA Galaxy since a 0-0 draw against Minnesota United on April 24 in St. Paul.
- Perry Kitchen returned from injury to make his first appearance of the season, subbing on for Emil Cuello in the 57th minute.
- Ethan Zubak earned his second appearance of his debut MLS season when he subbed on for Favio Alvarez in the 74th minute.
- The LA Galaxy have scored 18 goals this season and conceded 17.
- On the road this year, the Galaxy are now 2-3-1.
Against Orlando, the Galaxy are now 2-2-0 all-time. This is the Galaxy's first win in Orlando.
- Guillermo Barros Schelotto is now 8-5-1 all-time as a head coach in MLS.
- The Galaxy have played five of six matches during the month of May.
- In their next match, the Galaxy will face Sporting KC at 5:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, May 29 at Sporting Park in Kansas City, Kan. (Spectrum SportsNet)
- The Galaxy will next return home on June 2, when they face New England Revolution.
LA Galaxy 1, Orlando City SC 0
Friday - 4 p.m. PT
2019 MLS Regular Season
Orlando City Stadium - Orlando, Florida
LA - Jonathan dos Santos 20'
LA - Emil Cuello (caution) 17'
LA - Giancarlo Gonzalez (caution) 74'
ORL - Robin Jansson (caution) 83'
LA - Joe Corona 90'+1' (caution)
LA Galaxy: David Bingham; Rolf Feltscher, Giancarlo Gonzalez, Daniel Steres, Jorgen Skjelvik; Sebastian Lletget (Chris Pontius 90'+1'), Joe Corona, Jonathan dos Santos ©, Emil Cuello (Perry Kitchen 57'); Favio Alvarez (Ethan Zubak 74'); Uriel Antuna.
Substitutions not used: Matt Lampson, Dave Romney, Emmanuel Boateng, Efrain Alvarez.
Head Coach: Guillermo Barros Schelotto
TOTAL SHOTS: 4; SHOTS ON GOAL: 1; FOULS: 11; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 6.
Orlando City SC: Brian Rowe; Ruan, Lamine Sane, Robin Jansson, Joao Moutinho, Will Johnson, Sebastian Mendez, Cristian Higuita (Sacha Kljestan 67'), Chris Mueller (Josue Colman 83'), Tesho Akindele (Kyle Smith 56')
Substitutions not used: Greg Ranjitsingh, Kamal Miller, Oriol Rosell, Benji Michel.
Head Coach: James O'Connor
TOTAL SHOTS: 19; SHOTS ON GOAL: 7; FOULS: 7; OFFSIDE: 2; CORNER KICKS: 6; SAVES: 0.
Referee: Allen Chapman
Referee's Assistants: Jeremy Hanson and Oscar Mitchell-Carvalho
4th Official: Thomas Snyder
VAR: Kevin Terry Jr.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 24, 2019
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Orlando City SC 0 - Friday, May 24, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City Fall to the LA Galaxy 1-0 - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Travel to Twin Cities for Inaugural Visit to Allianz Field - Houston Dynamo
- Chicago Fire Midfielder/Defender Raheem Edwards Available for Selection - Chicago Fire
- Six Red Bulls Named for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face the Colorado Rapids Tomorrow to Finish Two-Match Road Stretch - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC to Sign Special Olympics Washington Unified Sports Team on Tuesday, May 28 - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Visits Vancouver Tomorrow. Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. D.C. United - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Saturday's Match at H-E-B Park - Houston Dynamo
- Larry Sunderland Tabbed First Director of Player Development - FC Cincinnati
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Announce Departure of Youth Technical Director Larry Sunderland - Portland Timbers
- RBNY Returns to Cincinnati for First Time Since Open Cup Semis - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 1, Toronto FC 2 - Saturday, February 15, 2020
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Local Broadcast Schedule on Spectrum SportsNet
- LA Galaxy and YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles Kick off Landmark New Partnership
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Party at Tom's Watch Bar for February 29 Opening Match in Houston
- LA Galaxy Appoint Phil Hayward Director of Sports Medicine