FC Dallas Loans Homegrown Justin Che to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
FRISCO, Texas - FC Dallas has loaned Homegrown defender Justin Che to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga for the remainder of the 2022 season until June 2023 with an option to buy. FC Dallas also extended Che's contract through the 2025 season with club option for the 2026 season. Per team policy, additional terms will not be disclosed.
Haga clic aquí para obtener una versión de este comunicado en español.
Che, 18, signed as FC Dallas' 30th Homegrown in club history on Oct. 2, 2020. He appeared in 15 matches, including 12 starts, for FC Dallas during the 2021 season and recorded three assists. He made his professional debut on July 25, 2020 with North Texas Soccer Club, FC Dallas' USL League One affiliate, in the 2-1 season-opening win against Forward Madison FC. Che was named to the 2020 USL League One All-League First Team and was nominated for the league's Young Player of the Year award following a breakout season with North Texas SC.
Che returns to Germany for the second time following a short-term loan with FC Bayern Munich II in 2021. Che was the second FC Dallas Homegrown behind Chris Richards to join FC Bayern on loan since the Elite Player Development partnership was formed in 2018. Richards is currently on loan from Bayern Munich at 1899 Hoffenheim.
Che joined the FC Dallas Academy in 2009 and scored 18 goals in 84 United States Soccer Development Academy appearances since 2016. Che is the seventh youngest player to sign with FC Dallas at 16 years and 319 days old, behind Bryan Reynolds, Dante Sealy, Jesús Ferreira, Ricardo Pepi, Alejandro Zendejas and Paxton Pomykal.
Che earned two U.S. Men's National Team camp call ups in 2021 but has yet to make his senior debut. He was also called up to the U-20 Men's National Team for the inaugural Revelations Cup in November 2021, where he started and played the full 90 minutes in all three matches against Brazil, Colombia and Mexico.
Full Name: Justin Che
Connect with Justin: Twitter | Instagram
DOB: November 18, 2003 (18)
Hometown: Frisco, Texas
Birthplace: Richardson, Texas
Nationality: United States
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 21, 2022
- Jordan Morris and Cristian Roldan Named to U.S. Men's National Team Roster for Upcoming World Cup Qualifiers - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Signs Free Agent Goalkeeper John Mccarthy - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Goalkeeper Jeff Attinella Announces Retirement - Portland Timbers
- Romell Quioto Selected by Honduras - Club de Foot Montreal
- LA Galaxy Name Mike Muñoz Director of Methodology and Development - LA Galaxy
- Inter Miami CF to Face Peruvian Side Club Universitario de Deportes on January 26 at DRV PNK Stadium - Inter Miami CF
- Walker Zimmerman Named to the Final United States Men's National Team World Cup Qualifying Roster - Nashville SC
- Goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina Called to U.S. Men's National Team for FIFA World Cup Qualifying Matches - Chicago Fire FC
- Matt Turner and Sebastian Lletget Named to United States Men's National Team Roster for World Cup Qualifying Matches - New England Revolution
- Brooks Lennon and Miles Robinson Named to United States Men's National Team for World Cup Qualifiers - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Homegrown Jesús Ferreira Part of USMNT Roster for Upcoming World Cup Qualifiers - FC Dallas
- LA Galaxy Acquire Midfielder Mark Delgado from Toronto FC - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Acquire $400,000 in 2022 General Allocation Money for Mark Delgado - Toronto FC
- Columbus Crew Signs Defender Will Sands Following Trade with New York City FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Four Timbers Players Called up for International Duty - Portland Timbers
- New York City FC Acquires $50K in General Allocation Money from Columbus Crew in Exchange for Homegrown Priority of Will Sands - New York City FC
- Whitecaps FC Loan Midfielder Janio Bikel to LR Vicenza - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo Called up by Mexican National Team for 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Re-Signs Forward Fredy Montero - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toronto FC Sign Goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh - Toronto FC
- Timbers Defenders Larrys Mabiala and Dario Zuparic Undergo Successful Athletic Pubalgia Surgeries - Portland Timbers
- Inter Miami CF Hires Martin Paterson as First Team Assistant Coach - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville Soccer Club Re-Signs Veteran Goalkeeper Bryan Meredith - Nashville SC
- Machop Chol Receives South Sudan National Team Call-Up - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Loans Homegrown Justin Che to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew Appoints Marc Nicholls as Technical Director - Columbus Crew SC
- Toronto FC Sign Forward Deandre Kerr - Toronto FC
- Charlotte FC and Radio One Announce Club's First-Ever Radio Partnership - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Falls 2-1 at Home to Minnesota United FC
- National Soccer Hall of Fame Inducts Six New Members
- Paul Arriola and Jesús Ferreira Called into National Team Duty
- FC Dallas Announces 2022 Unified Team Roster
- FC Dallas Players Nanu and Szabolcs Schön Called into National Team Duty