Family Fitness Weekend Includes Great Appearances
EDERICK, MD - After a brief four-game roadtrip, the Frederick Keys return to Nymeo Field to take on the Salem Red Sox from Friday, May 17-Sunday, May 19. The Keys will celebrate Family Fitness Weekend presented by Premiere Dental Arts, while families are encouraged to be active throughout the week leading into the series. Highlights include multiple celebrity appearances, two fireworks shows and a 1K Fun Run. For tickets, fans can call the team at 301-815-9939 or visit frederickkeys.com.
Friday's game is at 7:00 p.m. against the Red Sox with gates opening at 6:00 p.m. It is #ALLCAPS Night and former Washington Capitals right winger, Mike Knuble, will be in town. He will meet fans and sign autographs from 6-8 p.m. Knuble played 16 years in the NHL, suiting up for the Capitals from 2009-11. He was also a member of the 1997-98 Red Wings Stanley Cup team. Fireworks follow the game courtesy of Premiere Dental Arts.
On Saturday at 6, it is Hail to the Redskins Night. Redskins greats Vernon Davis and Gary Clark will be on hand to do an autograph session from 5-7 p.m. sponsored by PMSi. A two-time all-pro selection, Davis won a Super Bowl with the Denver Broncos. Following an enthusiastic reception from Keys fans in 2018, Clark returns to Frederick. A two-time Super Bowl champion with the Redskins, he is also a member of the organization's Ring of Fame. A fireworks Super Show follows the game sponsored by Rentals Unlimited.
The series wraps up at 1 p.m. on Sunday with Knock Tobacco out of the Park Day presented by Smoke Free Frederick and there will be a pre-game presentation on the field. Following the game fans of all ages can take part in a 1K Fun run. It is also a Sunday Funday presented by Dogtopia of Frederick. From 12:00-12:30 fans can enjoy a catch on the outfield and get autographs from two players on the concourse.
For more information about the Keys upcoming homestand, fans can visit frederickkeys.com. Single-game tickets to the 2019 Carolina League All-Star Classic, presented by Visit Frederick, are available by calling 301-815-9939 or by visiting frederickkeys.com.
The Frederick Keys are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, and play their home games at Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium. Following the 2018 season, the Keys were named the winner of the Carolina League's Complete Franchise Award. This goes to a team in the league which demonstrates franchise stability and significant contributions to its community and the league. In 2019, the team will host the Carolina League All-Star Classic presented by Visit Frederick. For more information about the Frederick Keys please contact Geoff Arnold by phone at (301)-815-9915 or by emailing at GArnold@FrederickKeys.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from May 16, 2019
- Woodpeckers Blank Red Sox in Series Finale - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Madrigal Smacks First Career Homer in 6-0 Win - Winston-Salem Dash
- Clark and the Carolina Bullpen Carry Mudcats to 4-1 Series Finale Win in Lynchburg - Carolina Mudcats
- Dash Avoid Sweep, Pelicans Blanked in Series Finale - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Defense Falters As Woodies Get Shut Out By Potomac - Down East Wood Ducks
- Mudcats Pitching Slows Down Hillcats Offense in Series Finale - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Three-Run Fourth Inning Highlights 4-0 Potomac Victory - Potomac Nationals
- Singer Hinders Keys in Loss - Frederick Keys
- Rocks Offense Awakens to Take Series from Frederick - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (May 16 at Myrtle Beach) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Beer, Javier Promoted to Double-A Corpus Christi - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- May 16 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Family Fitness Weekend Includes Great Appearances - Frederick Keys
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: May 16 vs. Winston-Salem - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Dash Invite All Internet Trolls to the Ballpark on May 20 - Winston-Salem Dash
- May 16 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.