Everett Wins Fourth Straight Defeating Medicine Hat, 3-1
Medicine Hat, AB - The Everett Silvertips improve to 4-0 on their season long seven game road trip with a 3-1 victory over the Medicine Hat Tigers Tuesday night. Everett newcomer Scott MacDonald scored his first points as an Everett Silvertip putting up a goal and an assist. Shane Harper scored his eighth goal of the season while Byron Froese provided the game winner. Kellan Tochkin's assist Tuesday night moved the forward to a four game point streak. Thomas Heemskerk picked up his sixth win of the year and third straight win in as many starts. Everett's penalty kill stopped all five Medicine Hat power play opportunities moving the Silvertips to 19 for 19 on the penalty kill during their current road trip.
Everett came out quick in the first period only needing two minutes and 44 seconds to score their first goal of the night when Harper tallied his eight of the season on assists from MacDonald and Chris Langkow. The Silvertips wouldn't have the lead for long when WHL leading goal scorer Bretton Cameron put up his 18th goal of the year at 11:03 to tie the game 1-1.
After a scoreless second period, Froese gave Everett the 2-1 lead at 2:20 of the third period on an assist from Tochkin. MacDonald gave the Silvertips a two goal advantage at 15:17 to put away the Medicine Hat Tigers and win their fourth straight game.
This brings the 'Tips record to 10-4-0-0 with 20 points in 14 games played. The Silvertips continue their seven game road trip tomorrow night with a 6:00pm start against the Lethbridge Hurricanes.
The Silvertips continue the 2009-2010 season at Comcast Arena Friday, November 13th against the Kelowna Rockets. Tickets are on sale now at everettsilvertips.com and at the Comcast Arena Box Office. For ticket information, including season seats and ticket packages, please call the Silvertips' front office at (425) 252-5100.
As always, radio coverage of Silvertips hockey will be provided by North Sound 1380 KRKO, while highlights of audio broadcast, video packages and relevant multimedia will be provided by the Western Hockey League's website, www.whl.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2009
- Everett Wins Fourth Straight Defeating Medicine Hat, 3-1 - Everett Silvertips
- Blades Skirt Past Warriors 2-1 - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Back In Action Wednesday - Kelowna Rockets
- Beach Setting The Mark - Spokane Chiefs
- Calgary Hitmen Acquire Del Cowan From The Prince George Cougars - Calgary Hitmen
- Forward Taylor Orser Joins Cougars - Prince George Cougars
- Forward Del Cowan Sent To Calgary - Prince George Cougars
- Robak Earns Monthly Honour - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Raiders' Garrett Zemlak Named CHL Goaltender Of The Week - WHL
- Regina Pats' Jordan Eberle Named Husky WHL Player Of The Month - WHL
- Canes Vs. Tips Tomorrow Night - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Blades Face Stiff Challenge Against Warriors - Saskatoon Blades
- Wheaties Off To Cartwright Wednesday - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Everett Silvertips Stories
- Silvertips Edged in Game Two, Series Tied
- Silvertips Hold off Tri-City 3-2 for 1-0 Series Lead
- Three Silvertips Listed Among Top North American Skaters by NHL Central Scouting Final Rankings
- Western Conference Player of the Year Carter Hart Named WHL Goaltender of the Week
- Tips win series, 4-1