Canes Vs. Tips Tomorrow Night
Lethbridge, AB - After a tough 5-4 loss to the Brandon Wheat Kings on Saturday night at the ENMAX Centre, the Lethbridge Hurricanes will look to bounce back this week with a Wednesday night match up against the Everett Silver Tips. In their only meeting last year in Everett, the Canes rallied for a three goal lead in the first period with goals from Brennan Yadlowski, Austin Fyten and Carter Ashton. Lethbridge would then continue to pour it on as Brody Sutter tallied an unassisted marker to kick off the second period and chase Everett starting goaltender Thomas Heemskerk from the net. The Tips were able to battle back with a pair of unanswered goals in the second before the Canes finally put the nail in the coffin as Kyle Beach was able to corral a bouncing puck to record the eventual game winner as the Canes would pull out a 5-4 victory.
In their last visit to the ENMAX Centre, in the 07-08 season, the Canes scored a 4-1 win over the Tips. Former Hurricane and current University of Lethbridge Pronghorn Adam Chorneyko tallied the game winner while Zach Boychuk, Mitch Fadden and Jake Dietrich were the other Hurricanes goal scorers. All time the Hurricanes are 2-1-0-0 against the Silver Tips in Lethbridge.
For every Wednesday Regular Season game, Hurricanes Season Ticket Holders have the option of trading in any unused season ticket for a ticket to the Wednesday game. (Applicable service fees apply, tickets subject to availability. Contact the Ticket Centre at (403) 329-SEAT for details.)
Game time is 7:00 p.m. and tickets can be purchased by visiting the ENMAX Centre Ticket Office, the Yates Theatre Centre, by calling (403) 329-SEAT or online at: www.lethbridgehurricanes.com. This is also Ladies night so be sure to drop by some of the local area merchants including: Lia Sophia, Silpada Designs, Silk Plant Warehouse, Hi-Tech Athletic Bracing and Scentsy/Mary Kay who will all have tables set out on the concourse.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2009
- Everett Wins Fourth Straight Defeating Medicine Hat, 3-1 - Everett Silvertips
- Blades Skirt Past Warriors 2-1 - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Back In Action Wednesday - Kelowna Rockets
- Beach Setting The Mark - Spokane Chiefs
- Calgary Hitmen Acquire Del Cowan From The Prince George Cougars - Calgary Hitmen
- Forward Taylor Orser Joins Cougars - Prince George Cougars
- Forward Del Cowan Sent To Calgary - Prince George Cougars
- Robak Earns Monthly Honour - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Raiders' Garrett Zemlak Named CHL Goaltender Of The Week - WHL
- Regina Pats' Jordan Eberle Named Husky WHL Player Of The Month - WHL
- Canes Vs. Tips Tomorrow Night - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Blades Face Stiff Challenge Against Warriors - Saskatoon Blades
- Wheaties Off To Cartwright Wednesday - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lethbridge Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Ready for Home Opener; Special Vandervlis Warm-Up Jerseys
- Hurricanes Cut Two
- Canes Chatter
- Canes Chatter
- Canes Chatter