Robak Earns Monthly Honour
Brandon, Manitoba -- 19-year old defenceman Colby Robak has been chosen the Brandon Wheat Kings' Tip Top Tailors Player of the Month for September / October.
A 3-year Western Hockey League veteran from Gilbert Plains, Robak becomes a first time winner of this Award.
In eighteen games this season, the Florida Panthers' second round draft choice has two goals and 13 points and is second on the club with an impressive +11 plus /minus rating in helping to lead Brandon to a 10-7-0-2 record to start the season.
A fourth round pick (77th overall) of the Wheat Kings in the 2005 WHL Bantam Draft, Robak has played in 193 career games, scoring 23 goals and 90 points. One of three Wheat Kings recently chosen to play for Team WHL in this year's Subway Canada Russia Series, to be held later this month in B.C., Robak enjoyed an outstanding season in 2008-09, scoring thirteen goals and 42 points in 65 games.
In recognition of the monthly honour, Robak will receive a shirt, tie and suit from Tip Top Tailors in the Shoppers Mall, the official menswear clothier of the Wheat Kings during this Saturday's game against the visiting Medicine Hat Tigers at Westman Place.
Fresh off a 7-game, thirteen day western road swing that saw them post an impressive 4-2-0-1 record, the Wheat Kings play back to back home games this weekend. In addition to Saturday's game against the Tigers, Brandon will host Prince Albert on Friday night.
Tickets to both weekend games are on sale now at the Keystone Centre box office, by calling 726-3555 or online at ticketmaster.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 3, 2009
- Everett Wins Fourth Straight Defeating Medicine Hat, 3-1 - Everett Silvertips
- Blades Skirt Past Warriors 2-1 - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Back In Action Wednesday - Kelowna Rockets
- Beach Setting The Mark - Spokane Chiefs
- Calgary Hitmen Acquire Del Cowan From The Prince George Cougars - Calgary Hitmen
- Forward Taylor Orser Joins Cougars - Prince George Cougars
- Forward Del Cowan Sent To Calgary - Prince George Cougars
- Robak Earns Monthly Honour - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Raiders' Garrett Zemlak Named CHL Goaltender Of The Week - WHL
- Regina Pats' Jordan Eberle Named Husky WHL Player Of The Month - WHL
- Canes Vs. Tips Tomorrow Night - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Blades Face Stiff Challenge Against Warriors - Saskatoon Blades
- Wheaties Off To Cartwright Wednesday - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.