Events at Earthquakes Stadium to be Postponed Or Cancelled
SAN JOSE, Calif. - In addition to Major League Soccer suspending match play for 30 days due to COVID-19 concerns, several events at Earthquakes Stadium have been postponed or cancelled.
The international friendly between the United States Women's National Team and Brazil on April 14 has been cancelled by U.S. Soccer. All tickets purchased will be refunded.
The friendly match between Mexican sides Chivas de Guadalajara and Club LeÃ³n on March 28 has been postponed to Saturday, Oct. 10 at 4:30 p.m. Tickets already purchased for the match will still be valid for the rescheduled date. For fans who would like a refund, please contact your source of purchase for more details.
The Bacon and Beer Classic has also been postponed. The event, featuring craft beer and cider provided by regional breweries, unlimited samples of bacon dishes from more than 25 restaurants, live music, games, a bacon-eating contest and more, will be rescheduled from April 4 to Saturday, July 18 from 3-7 p.m. Guests who have already purchased tickets and have questions can reach out to [email protected]
Additionally, the Hearts and Soles Run on March 28 will go forward as a "virtual" run where participants receive a shirt, bib and medal but complete the run on their own at a time and place of their choosing.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 12, 2020
- BBVA Classic Between Houston Dynamo and Cruz Azul Postponed - Houston Dynamo
- Josh Kroenke Statement on KSE-Owned Local Teams and Venues - Colorado Rapids
- Greece, Costa Rica Match at Red Bull Arena Canceled - New York Red Bulls
- Rapids Statement Following Major League Soccer's Suspension of 2020 Season - Colorado Rapids
- Whitecaps FC Statement on COVID-19 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLSE Statement on Suspension of NBA, NHL and MLS Seasons - Toronto FC
- MLS Season Suspended for 30 Days - Chicago Fire
- Orlando City SC Issues Statement in Response to MLS Suspension and COVID-19 - Orlando City SC
- MLS Commissioner Don Garber Issues Statement on U.S. Soccer's Recent Filing - MLS
- Montreal Impact Issues Statement on Covid-19 - Montreal Impact
- Houston Dynamo Issues Statement on Suspension of Major League Soccer Season - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Statement on MLS Season Suspension and 2020 CONCACAF Champions League Match - Los Angeles FC
- Mexican National Team's 2020 U.S. Tour March Game in Arlington Cancelled - FC Dallas
- Toronto FC Issues Statement on Suspension of MLS Season - Toronto FC
- New York Red Bulls Issue Statement on Suspended Season - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer, Inter Miami CF Suspend Season for Next 30 Days - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days - LA Galaxy
- Events at Earthquakes Stadium to be Postponed Or Cancelled - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire FC Issues Statement on Season Suspension - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Issues Statement on Major League Soccer Announcement - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Revolution Issue Statement on MLS Season Suspension - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Issues Statement on Suspension of MLS Season - FC Dallas
- Portland Timbers Issue Statement on MLS Season Postponement - Portland Timbers
- Columbus Crew SC Issues Statement on COVID-19 - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC Statement on Major League Soccer Suspending Season - Minnesota United FC
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days - MLS
- Inter Miami CF and Fanatics Announce Long-Term, Omnichannel Retail Partnership - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Falls 3-0 to Club America in Leg One - Atlanta United FC
- Post-Match Notes: New York City FC 0 - 1 Tigres Uanl - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.