Josh Kroenke Statement on KSE-Owned Local Teams and Venues
In light of last night's suspension of the NBA season due the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to share the following update.
To help navigate these unprecedented times, KSE is working with medical experts, government officials and major sports leagues in the United States, Europe and Asiato ensure the well-being of our employees, fans, vendors and partners. While we have not ruled out any possible intervention - from the recent suspensions of the NBA, NHL,MLSand NLLseasons to postponing concerts and other events -KSE continues to follow the mandates set forth by local, national and international health officials. We are also following the guidance of the various sports leagues weare involved with, including the National Basketball Association, the National HockeyLeague, National Lacrosse League, Major League Soccer, the National Football League and the English Premier League.
Health and well-being are more than a priority, it is a precondition to everything we do at all of our teams and organizations. Sports and entertainment can bring communities and individuals of all backgrounds together.It is a social fabric of cities throughout the world, and that is something in which we take immense pride.However, we are asking all our fans, partners and employees to practice good judgement and follow the suggested protocols of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
While preventative measures don't guarantee good health, they can greatly reduce our odds of getting sick. A CDC study estimates that only 31 percent of American males and 65 percent of American women properly wash their hands. Please wash your hands regularly with warm water and soap for a minimum of 20 seconds. If you sneeze or cough, please cover your mouth and avoid contact with others. Please also limit the amount of times you touch your face, eyes or mouth.
If you don't feel well, please stay at home and rest. If you think you have symptoms of COVID-19, please contact local physicians and look at the updated CDC and WHO websites regularly for new information.
This is an unsettling time for the entire world. We will persevere as medical experts work to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 and our heartfelt thoughts are with all who are already impacted by COVID-19. We recognize this situation is fluid and we will continue to communicate as we receive the most up to date information.We are stronger and better when we work together.Let's not allow that to be any different as we continue to endure through this difficult time for all human beings.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 12, 2020
- BBVA Classic Between Houston Dynamo and Cruz Azul Postponed - Houston Dynamo
- Josh Kroenke Statement on KSE-Owned Local Teams and Venues - Colorado Rapids
- Greece, Costa Rica Match at Red Bull Arena Canceled - New York Red Bulls
- Rapids Statement Following Major League Soccer's Suspension of 2020 Season - Colorado Rapids
- Whitecaps FC Statement on COVID-19 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLSE Statement on Suspension of NBA, NHL and MLS Seasons - Toronto FC
- MLS Season Suspended for 30 Days - Chicago Fire
- Orlando City SC Issues Statement in Response to MLS Suspension and COVID-19 - Orlando City SC
- MLS Commissioner Don Garber Issues Statement on U.S. Soccer's Recent Filing - MLS
- Montreal Impact Issues Statement on Covid-19 - Montreal Impact
- Houston Dynamo Issues Statement on Suspension of Major League Soccer Season - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Statement on MLS Season Suspension and 2020 CONCACAF Champions League Match - Los Angeles FC
- Mexican National Team's 2020 U.S. Tour March Game in Arlington Cancelled - FC Dallas
- Toronto FC Issues Statement on Suspension of MLS Season - Toronto FC
- New York Red Bulls Issue Statement on Suspended Season - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer, Inter Miami CF Suspend Season for Next 30 Days - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days - LA Galaxy
- Events at Earthquakes Stadium to be Postponed Or Cancelled - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire FC Issues Statement on Season Suspension - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Issues Statement on Major League Soccer Announcement - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Revolution Issue Statement on MLS Season Suspension - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Issues Statement on Suspension of MLS Season - FC Dallas
- Portland Timbers Issue Statement on MLS Season Postponement - Portland Timbers
- Columbus Crew SC Issues Statement on COVID-19 - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC Statement on Major League Soccer Suspending Season - Minnesota United FC
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days - MLS
- Inter Miami CF and Fanatics Announce Long-Term, Omnichannel Retail Partnership - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Falls 3-0 to Club America in Leg One - Atlanta United FC
- Post-Match Notes: New York City FC 0 - 1 Tigres Uanl - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Sporting Kansas City vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: October 24, 2020
- Sporting Kansas City vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: October 24, 2020
- Homegrowns Cole Bassett, Sam Vines Leading the Way for Colorado
- Rapids Rely on Resiliency as Team Heads into Final Regular Season Stretch
- What Makes Midfielder Cole Bassett a Top Prospect and Which European Clubs Are Interested