Inter Miami CF and Fanatics Announce Long-Term, Omnichannel Retail Partnership
MIAMI, FL - Inter Miami CF, Major League Soccer's (MLS) new South Florida expansion franchise, and Fanatics, the global leader for licensed sports merchandise, today announced a new, long-term, omnichannel retail partnership.
As the team takes part in its inaugural season, Fanatics will manage in-venue retail operations at the club's new Inter Miami CF Stadium in Fort Lauderdale. Fanatics will also run online and mobile commerce for the team through its operation of MLSStore.com, creating a seamless shopping experience for fans whether shopping online, on their phone or at the stadium.
"We are very proud of our partnership with Fanatics because of the direct value they bring our fans as an expert in managing licensed sports merchandise," said Inter Miami CF COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough. "Our fans are craving for more opportunities to wear our brand and represent Inter Miami and Fanatics helps them achieve this through the distribution of fan apparel and accessories in our home stadium and online."
Inter Miami recently broke a record for online merchandise sales of a new MLS club during its opening weekend of play, nearly doubling the previous high. The team's global appeal, led by co-owners Jorge Mas and David Beckham, who was responsible for instituting the iconic pink colorway throughout team apparel and branding, sparked sales of fan gear across the Fanatics network to supporters in more than 40 countries during its inaugural weekend.
"We're incredibly proud to partner with Inter Miami and their innovative, dedicated ownership group that is committed to providing a world-class experience on gameday and beyond to the passionate, diverse fans across this sports-rich region," said Gary Gertzog, Fanaticspresident of business affairs. "With Fanatics' technology-laced, omnichannel retail capabilities, we'll reach this local and global fanbase with an incredible assortment of unique products available whenever and wherever fans are shopping."
Fanatics Brands, the company's in-house apparel division, will provide a wide-ranging assortment of high-quality team and player apparel for all members of the family, which includes a significant assortment of unique, Miami-inspired products with distinct team colors. At the team's home location, Fanatics will operate a variety of pop-up shops, kiosks and custom trailers all stocked with the most real-time assortment of team gear, including jerseys, hats, outerwear, accessories, women's and youth products.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 12, 2020
- BBVA Classic Between Houston Dynamo and Cruz Azul Postponed - Houston Dynamo
- Josh Kroenke Statement on KSE-Owned Local Teams and Venues - Colorado Rapids
- Greece, Costa Rica Match at Red Bull Arena Canceled - New York Red Bulls
- Rapids Statement Following Major League Soccer's Suspension of 2020 Season - Colorado Rapids
- Whitecaps FC Statement on COVID-19 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLSE Statement on Suspension of NBA, NHL and MLS Seasons - Toronto FC
- MLS Season Suspended for 30 Days - Chicago Fire
- Orlando City SC Issues Statement in Response to MLS Suspension and COVID-19 - Orlando City SC
- MLS Commissioner Don Garber Issues Statement on U.S. Soccer's Recent Filing - MLS
- Montreal Impact Issues Statement on Covid-19 - Montreal Impact
- Houston Dynamo Issues Statement on Suspension of Major League Soccer Season - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC Statement on MLS Season Suspension and 2020 CONCACAF Champions League Match - Los Angeles FC
- Mexican National Team's 2020 U.S. Tour March Game in Arlington Cancelled - FC Dallas
- Toronto FC Issues Statement on Suspension of MLS Season - Toronto FC
- New York Red Bulls Issue Statement on Suspended Season - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer, Inter Miami CF Suspend Season for Next 30 Days - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days - LA Galaxy
- Events at Earthquakes Stadium to be Postponed Or Cancelled - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire FC Issues Statement on Season Suspension - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Issues Statement on Major League Soccer Announcement - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Revolution Issue Statement on MLS Season Suspension - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Issues Statement on Suspension of MLS Season - FC Dallas
- Portland Timbers Issue Statement on MLS Season Postponement - Portland Timbers
- Columbus Crew SC Issues Statement on COVID-19 - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC Statement on Major League Soccer Suspending Season - Minnesota United FC
- Major League Soccer Suspends Season for 30 Days - MLS
- Inter Miami CF and Fanatics Announce Long-Term, Omnichannel Retail Partnership - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Falls 3-0 to Club America in Leg One - Atlanta United FC
- Post-Match Notes: New York City FC 0 - 1 Tigres Uanl - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Kicking off Year Two with Inter Miami CF Academy Presented by Baptist Health
- Alonso and DeLaGarza Thank Fans for Support Throughout Inaugural Season
- Inter Miami CF Closes Inaugural Season with Road Playoff Loss
- Diego Alonso and Wil Trapp Ready for the Challenge
- International Duty: Pizarro Featured for Mexico, May Rejoin Club for Playoff Match